Crashing when loading in

After the update today I crash every time I open overwatch.

The error message is “Overwatch has crashed in the graphics driver. If your drivers are not up-to-date, please consider updating them. If the problem persists, please contact customer service”

I update my graphics card, an Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 today, with version 6.10.62 which released today. Is anyone else having this issue or have any possible solutions?

I was having the same issue (with the same error message), and just spent a few hours troubleshooting. Finally got it to work based on event viewer logs, and it ended up not actually being a graphics driver issue at its core.

Can I ask what CPU, mobo, and BIOS version you have?

In my case, I did not have the most recent (stable) bios version for my mobo- so it didn’t have a few of the most recent microcode fixes for certain CPU instability issues. It seems like the Overwatch update was doing something (for some reason?!) that very heavily triggered those stability issues. Updating to the newest (stable) BIOS version fixed it.

Very odd that it’s only a problem with this new season update- I’ve never had any issue before. But I hope this is able to help you as well!

same issue, 610.xx branch just causes Overwatch to crash on launch for me, it didn’t happen with 580.xx and 596.xx branch drivers

everything else is fine, just did benchmark on Marvel Rivals and its gotten me the highest performant number thus far

i am having same issue, it was working fine

In my case, with 566.36 drivers and RTX3090 graphics, W10, the whole computer freezes, including the “restart” button, unplugging power it helps… it’s a disaster, as it’s a DX11 game

I installed the 596.49 drivers, as long as the game window is not active the game runs, using a lot of CPU, after clicking the game menu the whole computer freezes

I am having a similar error, would crash instantly after the Menu loads or when I go to the Hero gallery. Might have something to do with loading character models? Drivers are up to date. Using a Ryzen 5 1600, with a NVIDIA 1060 6GB and 16GB RAM. No issues at all before this update.. Currently on Version 582.66 on the graphics driver, have tried rolling back to an older version but the issue persist.

The current version of the game with these issues is: 2.23.0.0.150818, I wonder how long it will take before they fix it?

Same for me on Linux. The entire rendering pipeline gets completely seized, hard-reboot or SysRq+REISUB are the only ways to recover.

This post might be a possible fix, worked for me. On top of this, I did a reinstall of Overwatch and cleared shader cache. Also under Nvidia App under Graphics > Program Settings > I optimized Overwatch and lowered the settings to 2 bars below recommended.