Crashing on AMD Ryzen CPU System

Hey all,
We are seeing reports of Overwatch crashing on computers with AMD Ryzen CPUs.

To prevent this crashing on your Ryzen system, please update the BIOS to the latest version using the files and procedures found on the motherboard manufacture’s website.

If you need help figuring out which motherboard you have, please follow the steps below:

Windows 10 & Windows 8

-On the Windows Desktop screen, press Windows key + X to open the Power User Task menu.
-Select the Run option in the menu.
-In the Run text field, type msinfo32 and press Enter.

Windows 7 and earlier versions

-Open the Start Menu.
-Click on All Programs > Accessories > System Tools, then select the System  Information utility.

One you have this information, go to your motherboard support page on the manufacture’s website, and locate the newest BIOS there.

The BIOS and chipset drivers are the links between the hardware and the operating system. Updating to the latest software ensures users have the latest performance and stability enhancements for the platform.

My bios is on the lastest and I have said chipset drivers.
The game still crashes, and I’ve found this to be the case with just about every other Ryzen user I’ve asked. Please look at what might be breaking on YOUR end.

3 Likes

Hi !

This is happening on my PC as well. The game crashes after death. In another forum I have read that it is due to the recent patch and the only way around is reinstalling GPU drivers.

So I am wondering if this is related to GPU or CPU? I have been given a warning because of leaving early. Come on Blizzard, you guys can actually put a built in monitoring tool to check if the person really leaves or crashes due to your bad patch. It’s not my fault that I left.

I am using
Ryzen 5 1600 (latest bios and chipset)
GPU: RX VEGA 64 (latest driver)

2 Likes

It’s not just with those GPUs. I have nvidia and it crashed for me in a death screen. Luckily my comp game was ending so I didn’t lose Sr. It’s a bug on blizzard’s end.

1 Like

Come on Blizzard technical team. My mouse is hovering over the uninstall button. Apart from the crazy competitive system full of smurfs, throwers and toxic people. Now this? I just lost 50 SR because of this bug. Either you fix this or not deduct SR from people who lose SR due to YOUR faulty patch. Or just refund our money if you cant do either.

2 Likes

You aren’t entitled to a refund just because you don’t like a bug. complaining at a company does nothing to solve your issue. Providing specs and information so they can properly get to the bottom of it is what helps. In there terms, it states issues may arise and they will work to resolve them. By playing the game you agreed to the possibility of issues. Therefore your reply is just a bunch of childish gibber jabber and is of no substance to the community

This is very clearly your end, Blizzard. Every Ryzen user I’ve asked and myself have been having similar issues. Worst part is my crashes are making my entire system unresponsive meaning I’m forced to hard reset on every crash. My PC was expensive to build. I don’t want to have to hard reset it and possibly corrupt anything.

1 Like

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 16GB Corsair Dominator @ 3200Mhz
MOBO: MSI-7A33 / X370 Gaming Pro

Chipset & BIOS at the latest version, this has only started occurring after some of the recent patches.

Edit: As a note to anyone with this problem, if you are able to use the ctrl + alt + delete menu you can sign out to avoid a hard reset, this will still give you a penalty.

2 Likes