[Sept 24] Overwatch Crashing After 1.40.1 due to Mismatch Spoke/Text Language Setting

im trying to load in but as soon as it says entering game it crashes, i cant even get past the loading overwatch screen. i just updated it and im not sure whats happening but pls fix i want to get the brick skin >:(
report ID if needed : 7A134D5F-F442-4B2F-A08A-4A45EB9D3877

16 Likes

I’ve got the same problem and I’ve even got a ban!

5 Likes

omg are you serious?? :open_mouth: this update is all sorts of funky.

2 Likes

the same thing is happening to me. idk what to do

4 Likes

Same here. Idk what it is.

4 Likes

same. hopefully it gets fixed soon. was really wanting to play.

3 Likes

yup, a friend of me is having the same issue. for me its totally fine :frowning:

3 Likes

same here, crashing after loading screen… :frowning:

4 Likes

Same issue here. Had already many crashes in matches with the previous patch but now it even crashes at “Entering game…”

3 Likes

ahhh me too, i wanted to play before i go to work in an hour or two…

1 Like

Hi All,

I have the same issue too :(. i have issued a ticket for Blizzard support. Definitely there is an issue with the patch. My game was working fine before it.

1 Like

Same here. I jumped straight into competitive after the update and the game immediately crashed on character select so the game got cancelled and banning me for 10 minutes.

I literally cannot even play the game now because it crashes every single time I get to character select screen.

1 Like

Same here i was running the game just after the update, and it crashed in the loading screen

06A6BA5E-6C7A-49AC-9B7B-A970555C40B7

1 Like

Same problem just after 1.40.0.0 update : crash on “entering game” with a message and a report ID that changes at every time I try to connect

1 Like

Glad to know it’s not just me, but I get as far as hero select, where it says for about 2 seconds before it crashes

3 Likes

A friend of me got the error message after starting the game too. After reinstalling the game it was fixed. After that he got the error message in the queue. After changing the game language from korean to english it’s running fine.

2 Likes

Same here … Game crashes when I try to start the game on the login screen

Same problem…game crashes

mine crashes when using korean voice lines but when i swapped to english it launched fine

2 Likes

same here, crashes every time