Unable to play game since 1.40.1 update

Same here
822F085A-019B-46BC-BCE1-5E22EEB9018B

Happened to me too, only it won’t even let me into the menu. Repair scan multiple times, open and close, open Battlenet again, Repair scan again, nothing. I can’t log in.

F7EED5BB-9EE1-43C1-8E66-E3C744D3C1E4

It hasn’t even beeen 45 mins since the first topic popped up and they started blaming users.
Good job, Blizz.

Really? where?
20 characters

ON another topic here on us comm forums, and on other 2 on eu.

How can they even bring up such an unstable update? Do they even test it by themself when then release it?

it wouldn’t surprise me but i can’t find any posts from the devs to the new problem. Have you any links?

for me, it happens as soon as i try to open the game

reply 1 on eu: Game is constantly crashing since the new update - #4 by Agaleith - Technical Support - Overwatch Forums

reply 2 on eu Game keep crashing at start - #2 by Agaleith - Technical Support - Overwatch Forums

Edit CS represantative, sorry

My friend, who got the error message after starting the game can play again after reinstalling the game. Maybe it will help some of you guys.

EDIT: nvm… he got an error in the queue.

EDIT2: he changed the language of the game from korean to english. Now it’s working for the moment.

2 Likes

Custom games seem to work for me, for those of you who can load into the game. Tried quick play and mystery heroes and both crash for me though. :confused:

Yeah can I get my 100SR back I lost trying to play the game after patching thanks.

set the same language for voice and text. this help some people

2 Likes

Same here can’t play for the moment :frowning: 434ECE59-8CC4-4372-8FB6-A05BC6D67D27

Same, VERY unstable update, and now they blame RTX card users, literally worst devs ever… So now we can’t play cuz they are being raci t to Rtx card users? Aight got it small india company.

I changed my voice language back to english and it seems to have fixed it so far

1 Like

Yep, same language for voice and text, no matter which one was in aanother language. I had eng audio already and when I put text in english things worked.

i had to reset everything to get in. i’ve only been in training room but it works fo far.
click blizzard on client- settings- game settings- reset in game options.
i’ll update if it doesn’t work

edit: played about 3 mins of arcade game, no issue. resetting the in game options doesn’t ruin much tbh. will try comp next and update

edit: just played a round of comp and no issues!

1 Like

Thank you all for your reports! Let’s continue the discussion on the primary thread here to keep the discussion centralized. Closing this thread.

We’ll continue to provide updates on this thread and the workaround for the Spoken & Text Language is available there as well!