Covid was a good excuse, this isn't

This could also make its pvp more sequely.

1 Like

It’s only a glorified balance patch because we didn’t pay for it

Why are you mad that it’s free?

the covid was real. the reworking decided only in 2021 … also.

you should blame the developers for making OW2 too big to be a single release rather than insinuating that they never had any problems and just so many lies.

1 Like

People have criticized what they’ve shown of ow2 because it looks so much like ow1.

Adding a system like that would be a huge distinction that I think Ow2 needs to set itself apart. That and it would undoubtedly stir the community in talking about the game since there’s new mechanics to all characters.

Do you remember battleborn’s in game level up system? I always thought that would be cool for overwatch, too unpredictable I assume though.

Never played it but I think we’re on the same page lol.
I’m surprised they didn’t do exactly what we’re talkng about for overwatch 2. It just seems like such an obvious thing to do.

1 Like

To have Overwatch 1 be the only new game (excluding expansions and remakes) released in the last 8 years with no new game anytime soon, while Blizzard has been expanding bigger than ever over the last decade, is pretty damn disappointing.

1 Like

Begone, heretic :angry:

1 Like

But while I’m not big on them it does add nice variety to deathmatch, imagine playing quick play on the same 5 maps.

1 Like

I wouldn’t normally care if OW2 was slow in development, not for one bit. I waited for a good Metroid game for 19 years.

That is, if there was legit any content in OW1 worth to experience anymore.

I have plenty of patience, but I’d rather not be bored and even frustrated out of my mind with how OW1 has been neglected as a game.

But the company has made their bed and messed up all their franchises and ditched their loyal fanbase. Unfortunate because their franchises were good and they had a big fanbase too.

2 Likes

Everyday reader but I don’t post here much if at all… I can say not at all… I agree with you. This game is done at this point or will be soon…for me! Not because of my lack of play. But because of the lack of anything actually new and different that I/we would like to see. No actual new modes (event wise), or new heroes, or actual balance changes that most of the community gets behind. Archives has stayed the same, summer games, winter games… all the modes have next to no meaningful changes to them that actually change the way we feel about the next event. Just new skins (which are appreciated) but ultimately, same event, please come again. I had my hopes for OW2 but now it’s just …eh… ow2

Not to mention the lack of new maps

1 Like

currently i want them to release dev tools… so players can make own content and bliz just approve it for competitive(after some adjustments)
look how its done in warframe or csgo

Still having my hopes up that this thread will someday reach to the devs

We could at least get some QOL updates in the wating time y’know, but it’s Blizz, they won’t.

The sad thing about this is Kanezaka is definitely big enough to have easily been another KotH map at the very least. Maybe it needed to be a little bigger, but not by much.

With all the paths, it could’ve made for a very interesting map to play KotH on. Many different directions to attack.

Agreed 100%.
You even have to wait months for experimental patches now.
The game is absolutely dead.
I move on to Apex or Valorant :man_shrugging:

Who are the “They” that said we are getting the upgrade to OW1 to make it OW2? The only “They”, I know of has already left Blizzard. Which means we all could be paying for OW2 whether we like it or not. OW2 is not making them money atm, and now it delayed further. Thats more money spent without a return. It would not surprise me that they would charge US for the upgrade.

OW community - " OW2 is going to suck so much" “why can’t we keep OW1 after the sequel comes out, I love this game and don’t want it to change”.

OW 2 gets delayed

Also OW community - “Omg Blizzard, you suck. Where is my OW2?” “OW1 is so boring, we want OW2”

It takes 2 seconds to figure out that ppl ask for OW2 just so the game can have any new content again.

Yeah, COVID was an excuse. I’ve seen more indie game companies prevail during the Pandemic. Since everyone went out and bought Gaming pc’s with their “cheese money”.

Any game company that wasn’t pushing out content during this pandemic, lost to the companies that did.

Most of it I am sure has to deal with the Recent scandal and poor Allocation of staff. Especially when the head of Activision himself has been behaving the way he does. I’m sure Overwatch 2 is ded in the water and we aren’t going to see anything of it.

My guess is, When Jeff Kaplan and Micheal Chu left, that was it. GG EZ CLAP for the company. I’m not saying the current director is a bad person either. I’m sure hes like everyone else that fills these big work positions. They are having issues getting momentum, from a bad parent-company and I am going to assume that Koticek isn’t doing anything to help this either. Especially when Activision has a Mountain of scandals.

The best thing Blizzard could do for itself is separate from Activision. I’m sure with what has happened. They could now fight it in Court and perhaps get the State of California to allow for it. Since Activision literally has shown its true intentions, and that is NOT about making games.

1 Like