Final Score

-
-
-
-
Victory!

WATCH LIVE: YouTubeOverwatch League

Click here for Discussion Thread Rules
  • This thread is intended for the discussion of this specific Overwatch League match.
  • Please be respectful to one another and follow the Forum Code-of-Conduct and the Overwatch Forum Posting Guidelines.
  • Incentivizing boycotts or invoking discussion that outright expresses hate or disinterest toward Overwatch or the Overwatch League directly in these match discussion threads of any kind will be considered trolling and flagged appropriately.
  • If you are Trust Level 3 user, you are welcome and encouraged to post your animated YouTube clips, gifs and images in replies to support your team or be expressive, but please keep any such imagery appropriate.
  • I, WyomingMyst, am a Forum MVP. This means I spend a great deal of time helping players with Overwatch (which is why my text is green in color). This thread is not related to my role as a Forum MVP and I do not represent Blizzard Entertainment.

Thank you for your cooperation and enjoy the match!

Tokens now enabled on OverwatchLeague.com! Click here for important information and troubleshooting!

Join the official forums OWL Pick'em Leaderboards!Need info on the 2021 OWL Season? Click here to watch my video explaining it all!

Well, it doesn’t get any cleaner than this. If Hunters win this match, they move on to the playoffs and the Dynasty will play in the play-ins. If the Dynasty wins, the Dynasty will go to the playoffs and the Hunters will play in the play-ins.

This match will decide APAC’s fate…

I have the Hunters winning it all on my bracket so I hope they win. But I think LA are going to prove me wrong and finally not come up short and win it. Dynasty are too shaky man.

I’m actually confused on how the play ins work. How many teams from each region make the playoffs?

At the end of the season, 3 teams from the West (in this case, Dallas, Atlanta, and L.A. Gladiators) and 2 teams from the East (Shanghai and the winner of this match) make the playoffs.

In the West Region, 6 teams will participate in the West Region play-ins. It starts with the 6 seed…in this case, Washington Justice…choosing either the 8 or 9 seed (Paris Eternal and Boston Uprising, respectively) as their opponent. The 7 seed (Toronto Defiant) will get whichever team the Justice does not select. The winners of those 2 matches will advance to meet the 4 and 5 seeds (which will be the San Francisco Shock and the Houston Outlaws, respectively) in the second round of the play-in, with the 4 seed choosing their opponent from the winners of the first round. The winners of the 2 second round play-in matches advance to the playoffs.

Meanwhile, in the East Region, 3 teams will participate in the play-ins. In the first round, the 4 and 5 seed (Philadelphia Fusion and Hangzhou Spark, respectively) will face off, with the winner of that match advancing to the second round to play the 3 seed in the East (which will be the loser of the current match). The winner of this second round match will advance to the playoffs as the 3rd East region representative.

Did that make sense? I can link you to the OWL playoffs site and schedule if you need more info…

1 Like

So basically the west sends 4 teams and the East sends 3 teams?

No, West sends 5 teams and East sends 3 teams. The winners of the 2 second round West Region play-in matches will get the last 2 spots in the playoffs for the West Region.

1 Like

I appreciate the explanation. Must of been a chore to type. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

Damn that was a egregious Charles of Nines

1 Like

Well, this is turning into the fastest Day 2 broadcast this season…

FINAL

Ilios (Control): Chengdu Hunters 2, Seoul Dynasty 1.

Temple of Anubis (Assault): Chengdu Hunters 2, Seoul Dynasty C9 (1).

Blizzard World (Hybrid): Chengdu Hunters 1, Seoul Dynasty 0.

FINAL SCORE: Chengdu Hunters 3, Seoul Dynasty 0

CHENGDU HUNTERS WINS!

The Chengdu Hunters will advance to the Lower Final and will take on the Atlanta Reign, coming up next. The Hunters will also be the second and final team in the East to directly qualify for the playoffs. As for the Dynasty, they finish 4th in the Countdown Cup and are now $20K richer, but will have to play in the play-in tournament.