COUNTDOWN CUP QUALIFICATION MATCH: 12 Vancouver Titans vs. 13 Boston Uprising...NOW LIVE!

Hello, everyone, and welcome to what we officially refer to as the Countdown Cup Qualification match, but what some folks refer to as “The Toilet Bowl”. We have the Vancouver Titans taking on the Boston Uprising. Both teams ended 0-4 and with a -10 map differential, with the Titans edging out for the 12 seed over the Uprising due to overall regular season performance. The winner of this match will go on to the Knockout round and will learn who they will play in the Selection Show, which is scheduled to take place after this match. The loser of this match will be eliminated from the Countdown Cup. This is expected to turn into a sloppy but fun match, so grab your popcorn and let’s get this party started!

nah that would be if boston played boston…lets not disrespect titans (and toilets) like that

The Uprising will need to complete the reverse sweep if they wish to compete in the Countdown Cup…

AFTER MAP 2

Oasis (Control) score: Vancouver Titans 2, Boston Uprising 1.

King’s Row (Hybrid) score: Vancouver Titans 4, Boston Uprising 3.

MATCH SCORE: Vancouver Titans 2, Boston Uprising 0

And the Titans advance to the Knockout round.

FINAL

Oasis (Control) score: Vancouver Titans 2, Boston Uprising 1.

King’s Row (Hybrid) score: Vancouver Titans 4, Boston Uprising 3.

Hanamura (Assault) score: Vancouver Titans 3, Boston Uprising 2.

FINAL SCORE: Vancouver Titans 3, Boston Uprising 0

VANCOUVER TITANS WIN!

The Titans advance to the Countdown Cup Knockouts and will learn who they will face in just a few moments. The Uprising are eliminated from the Countdown Cup.

That’s it for now. For those that are interested, the Guangzhou Charge and the Shanghai Dragons will play in a Showmatch tonight at 11pm PDT, right before the NExT 2020 Summer Tournament, a double elimination tournament featuring the top teams in APAC Contenders. While I will try to make a special thread for those that are interested, I cannot offer any guarantees.

For now, though, the Countdown Cup will start with the NA Knockouts at 12pm PDT this coming Friday. We hope to see you there. Until then, I wish you all good health and a good night!