Final Score

-
-
Victory!
-
-

WATCH LIVE: YouTubeOverwatch League

Click here for Discussion Thread Rules
  • This thread is intended for the discussion of this specific Overwatch League match.
  • Please be respectful to one another and follow the Forum Code-of-Conduct and the Overwatch Forum Posting Guidelines.
  • Incentivizing boycotts or invoking discussion that outright expresses hate or disinterest toward Overwatch or the Overwatch League directly in these match discussion threads of any kind will be considered trolling and flagged appropriately.
  • If you are Trust Level 3 user, you are welcome and encouraged to post your animated YouTube clips, gifs and images in replies to support your team or be expressive, but please keep any such imagery appropriate.
  • I, WyomingMyst, am a Forum MVP. This means I spend a great deal of time helping players with Overwatch (which is why my text is green in color). This thread is not related to my role as a Forum MVP and I do not represent Blizzard Entertainment.

Thank you for your cooperation and enjoy the match!

Tokens now enabled on OverwatchLeague.com! Click here for important information and troubleshooting!

Join the official forums OWL Pick'em Leaderboards!Need info on the 2021 OWL Season? Click here to watch my video explaining it all!

Hope the glads take this

Shock fans, you are Reign fans for this one. If Glads win this, Shock drop to the play-ins…which I have to think will start making Crusty’s seat a little warm.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I not only need to watch some football…I also need to help this World of Warcraft TBC Arena team that “hired me” as a “strategy consultant” make final preparations before end-of-season Season 1 Arena Playoffs kicks off this weekend.

Dang. Didn’t think about that. Now I gotta decide if my dislike of the Reign outweighs my like of the Shock lol

1 Like

I’m a Shock fan. This is about lesser of two evils. Hope the Glads win. Reign are too smug for my taste.

1 Like

I think OWL is pre-recorded or scripted.

I have hearing issues so I use subtitles at the same time and the subtitles were coming up on the screen before they even said things a bunch, I refreshed to see if it was a delay, but nope lol.

While you wouldn’t be the first person to accuse the OWL of being scripted, it’s also worth noting that most broadcasts (not just OWL, this goes for most sports and TV broadcasts) have a few minutes delay between events actually occurring and events showing up on TV, mostly because of the aftermath of the “Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake Super Bowl Halftime Show”.

While I can’t link you to THAT incident because of forum rules, if you read up on the events before, during, and after that halftime show, you will learn how most modern day rules regarding TV and sports broadcasts came to be.

Why do you think refreshing the page would tell you if there’s a live delay? It would be present at all times. I’d be very surprised if these feeds were actually completely live and not delayed by a little bit to give time for subtitles to be generated and anything that needs censoring to be removed.

Someone should tell Dynasty that’s how you play Mei lol

1 Like

Ah that makes a lot of sense thank you

because I thought it was on my end at first, but it’s ok Area25 already explain what is probably happening

That was surgical by LA. Wow

1 Like

Omg that take by the Glads was so quick

1 Like

Well, this is turning into a rout.

AFTER MAP 2

Oasis (Control): Los Angeles Gladiators 2, Atlanta Reign 0

Hanamura (Assault): Los Angeles Gladiators 4, Atlanta Reign 2

MATCH SCORE: Los Angeles Gladiators 2, Atlanta Reign 0

NEXT UP: The second half of Gladiators vs. Reign. The Los Angeles Gladiators are on PLAYOFF CLINCH POINT! Atlanta Reign will select the map, while the Los Angeles Gladiators will select whether to attack or defend. Custa and Reinforce with the option of either a virtual swordfight or pretending to dive off a pirate ship.

I really shouldn’t be rooting for LA but oh my god that map was priceless. That EMP on the TP lol. Poor Sym though.

Hey Gator doesn’t have that smirk. What happened?

3-0 yay yay

1 Like

RIP for the Shock though. But hey at least LA didn’t 3-0 them last week

1 Like

welp…my pick is in finals…so im happy

1 Like

And now, the inevitable malding of both Reign and Shock fans in YT chat…

FINAL

Oasis (Control): Los Angeles Gladiators 2, Atlanta Reign 0

Hanamura (Assault): Los Angeles Gladiators 4, Atlanta Reign 2

King’s Row (Hybrid): Los Angeles Gladiators 3, Atlanta Reign 0

FINAL SCORE: Los Angeles Gladiators 3, Atlanta Reign 0

LOS ANGELES GLADIATORS WINS!

The Gladiators advance to tomorrow’s Grand Finals, and knock the Shock down to the play-in tournament in the process. As for the Reign, they are knocked down to the Lower Final and will play later tonight against the winner of Dynasty vs. Hunters, coming up in just a few moments.

I’m still going to hold off on burying the Reign though. Those APAC teams did some real head scratching plays and calls yesterday.