Could we please revert the huge armor nerf now?

Yes…

But this thread is asking to undo a fundamental nerf to GOATs, that keeps it off of ladder…

Oh my bad my bad, I was reading another similar thread and got confused.

Um…well, my answer is basically the same, not sure if changing the armor back would bring goats back since it’s still played in GM and was barely ever played outside of it even before the change. If anything she’ll be more annoying for low ranks to deal with but won’t make any real difference in GM.

I’ve been calling for the revert of that nerf even before that. Now it’s obviously that it was a mistake. It did nothing but make tank’s life even worse than already is.

It actually has been made redundant in the case of beam weapons and the heroes that it supposedly helped, it didn’t. It took other changes for that to happen.

Armor needs to be back to -5 asap.

3 Likes

If it comes back we will know very easily how to get rid of it, just flip the switch back up again.

I highly doubt that would be the case anyway.

She could block up to a theoretical maximum of 45 damage from a 50+ damage shot.

3 Likes

I prefer just limiting healers to 2 per team :slight_smile:

Kinda like what I said 7 months ago, before the armor nerfs.
When I thought it was unrealistic for devs to do a big patch in January to affect GOATs.,…

❌ OWL could disallow GOATs if needed

-3 armor makes even less sense then.

They should revert all the Brig nerfs that didn’t fix anything and aren’t the “REALLY FOR TRUE ACTUAL ISSUE ALL ALONG” that happens to conveniently be the popular complaint of the day.

If the stars and planets aligned during the mid-summer solstice.

15 stacks.

That’s how much it requires. This means that if you take chip damage from the moment Brigitte activates Rally – it could be Tracer/Sombra spraying into a crowd, Torbjorn’s turret, explosions just barely hitting you at the edge of their falloff.

45 is the maximum, but if 15 stacks are possible it’s not impossible to get something like 40 damage reduced.

You must have misunderstood. She blocked 20% more damage minimum and a potential max of 45% more.

As far as we know, this bug didn’t exist until recently.

1 Like

And from what I recall reading, you had to take consistent chip damage that fell into a Goldilocks range to not deplete any stacks completely but also not let any stacks go undamaged. Just holding up your shield would negate all of this even if enemies didn’t just burst you down like they usually do on sight of such a massively hated hero.

That’s a good point. I’ve just been assuming it existed since her release and that blizzard was aware of it, but it might be a much more recent bug.

1 Like

As far as anyone knows, it might have been part of her since the beginning.

I am sure anyone here has seen clips of rally tanking entire whole hogs and similar things that sohuld have gone through her rally but did not.

That was not that hard to do? All it requires is getting damage during each of Brigitte’s ticks of Rally.

If an enemy is spraying you down with a hitscan hero, then it’s bound to happen. It’d only be rare if they had burst damage.

Or, they could completely deplete a stack. Or you could hold up your shield and block all damage. Both of which would prevent the bug. So that’s 2 situations out of 3 (with more possible like a friendly Zarya giving you a bubble) where it wouldn’t happen.

I don’t think you can conclude it was “bound to happen” at all, but it’s awfully convenient to assume anyway, isn’t it?

It’s not just Brig that gets Rally armor, it’s all of her allies within range too .

And with how frequently people mindlessly spray with characters like Hammond, Soldier, Sombra, Tracer… if all of them chip damage you, then you’re able to get 15 stacks pretty easily.

what?? that’s not what is shown on the video, damage blocked was incremental but never that much

What video? Every source online I’ve seen is reporting 20—45%.