Copa Lucioball 2018 - Unable to Group

Hey everyone. Just posting as me and my friends have been eagerly waiting to play Lucioball this season, however when going to go into the competitive version of it we are advised that “Our Members Skill Levels are Too Far Apart”.

For the Copa Lucioball event last year, the three of us all played our placements and the rest of our games together; and therefore our first season of Lucioball we would all be around the same rank in Diamond. I am unsure as to why we can’t group together, as our Lucioball skill levels are near identical.

In legitimate competitive; I am Masters and my friends hover around Gold and Platinum. I was wondering if this might be the reason we were unable to play against each other; and if so, why would our competitive ranks be what defines our Lucioball rank when our Lucioball ranks are all the same?

Hoping to hear an answer soon, as we are all still wanting to play competitive Lucioball together but if it isn’t possible I don’t want to keep them waiting. Hoping that if the skill level decider is based on our competitive ranks that this changes, as I feel our legitimate skill in an Overwatch based setting has no real baring on how we perform in arcade based competitive games.

Thanks for reading!

8 Likes

I know right this is so frustrating !

1 Like

FIX THIS BLIZZARD PLEASE

I have been having this problem and it is the single most annoying thing I have encountered in overwatch. We waited a whole year, organised a team from last year and are all the same rank. If its dependent of normal competitive that is so redundant as lucioball doesn’t require any of the same skill set that makes up the normal game.

Maybe they should say " Sorry, you don’t play rocket league as much as the other players so its unfair" not “Your better at shooting people then them so you cant play soccer with them”

FIX THIS BLIZZARD PLEASE

3 Likes

There’s other threads reporting this as well:

Hoping that one of them gets Blizzard to notice this issue.

Here’s my information:
The same is happening to my friends and I as well.

Copa Season 1 end scores:
Me: 4003
Friend 1: 4005
Friend 2: 3925
Friend 3: 3624

If Me, Friend 2, and Friend 3 group up it denies.
If Friend 2, and Friend 3 group up it allows.
If Me and Friend 1 group up it denies.
If Me and Friend 3 group up it denies.
If Me and Friend 2 group up it denies.

We can’t figure out what could be causing this. All of us also have not played Normal Competitive mode in a couple seasons, so it’s not like last year’s bug where it’s related to the present season rank. Additionally, we are able to play normal Overwatch Competitive mode as a group, but not Copa Lucioball. All friends are last diamond rank in Competitive OW (3000SR due to degredation), and my last SR in it was Gold (2156).

I hope they resolve this soon as I feel having restrictions placed on a game mode by a completely different game mode is a valid bug that should be resolved and also does not provide enough information to resolve the issue from the user standpoint

It is that reason by the way. Specifically, my friends are Diamond and I’m gold. Even though we haven’t played Competitive in many seasons. What’s happening for us is that we are able to group for the new Competitive Season because we all haven’t done our placements, but normally if they were to complete Competitive and get ranked Diamond then it wouldn’t let them group up with me because I have placements to do. We believe this is the bug, that it’s regarding the rank restriction of Diamond/Gold from placement matches in Copa LB, even though that rank has no bearing on a completely different game mode.

I’ve only been waiting for this mode for an entire year to play with my friends and reach Top 500 over a couple weeks. I get bored by normal OW gameplay these days, and honestly would pay upwards of $15 to Blizzard to have the ability to play Lucio Ball at any time I want. I love this game mode, and no it’s not the same as playing Rocket League, sorry. If they want to make new modes, I’m for that, but just let me play Lucio Ball and we’re good.

I don’t want to risk doing placements with randos, get placed lower or higher than my friends so that we still can’t group or have fun together. I trust my friends when playing and we can easily be in the Top 500 but going single randos risks me being a whole other rank from each other. And Lucio Ball is also glitched from the tier restrictions as it follows Competitive’s current restrictions (250 SR variance for group allowance instead of how the tier list still says 500 SR variance for group allowance).

1 Like

Thought I’d join in. Getting the same error. One of my groupmates ranked gold in Lucioball, the only one ranked so far. Others still have a couple of placements left. Cant join them because “Group Members Skill Levels are Too Far Apart.” Just got done playing a 3-stack gold ranked team with 2 unranked randos thanks to the glitch. Thanks Blizzard

This is a huge issue! My friends and I only like playing Lucioball, we hate playing competitive Overwatch! We played all our games together last year and have the same competitive lucioball rank but we can’t play together this year?

Why hasn’t this been fixed yet? It makes the competitive mode unplayable and this is a limited time event!

The issue still persists in 2019, the devs need to see this…
I can’t play copa with my friends and we’re all masters with less than 500 SR distance, yet we cannot play.

And don’t get me wrong, but i rather play with my friends other than randoms

How is this still a thing? GMs are also useless. I tell then that my SR is the exact same as my freind’s, they ignore me and tell me it is because our SR must be too far apart.

Yeah, I post every year this bug. Here I posted this year’s. I’ve never received a response from Blizzard about this sadly. Maybe one day/year.

I’m honestly glad they didn’t bring it back at the end of OW1

Agreed, no doubt Blizzard would find some new creative way to mishandle another competitive season. Regardless this is a very unusual bug I’ve never seen before and while there hasn’t been a new Copa LucioBall season for Overwatch 2 or any updates to this post, I’ve added it to my post in case anyone in this thread is still active and wants to read more about these bugs. I’ve put these posts under Grouped Queuing Bugs (Copa LucioBall 2018-2019).