Cool people being nice and positive about sexuality

Trueeeeee i feel like everyone agrees with me

I’m from the Late Oligocene, my name ends in ‘-o’ and is conjugated accordingly, I am currently upside down and have participated in the Boston marathon 5 years in a row.

2 Likes

I’m inside the community I just don’t think its funny

I think it’s fine to say random stuff in match chat. Sometimes me and my friend spam random Borat references about how Kazakhstan is the number 1 country in the world. That’s fine
Sometimes I talk about how a song I’m listening to is good. That’s fine
Sometimes I might mention my sexuality. That’s fine.
But straight up harassing people for their sexuality, whether that’s straight gay bi or anything else? Not fine.
It’s nice to be friendly in match chat pre-round, and some of my most memorable games have had me and the enemy team being friendly in chat/making inside jokes. I don’t think mentioning sexuality is explicitly bad, but any sort of discrimination is.

4 Likes

Then the joke isn’t meant for you, just ignore it and move on.

10 Likes

You don’t have to participate, then.

10 Likes

When did I discriminate??? I agree that it isn’t OK but spamming chat is so annoying like just shush pls I’m tryna play

Never said you discriminated. I’m saying if people claim having a gayer team is better, or that gay people are somehow superior to straight people, then that is an issue.

Being friendly in match chat, however, is not an issue. Just ignore it if it bothers you.

14 Likes

Ok then :frowning: … <3 sucks man

I don’t know, I’ve never really seen this happen.

Oh I see what you mean. Yea we are on the same page here I’m just slow

Kids … you have mute button for a reason. Use it and enjoy the game.

Tbh, that’s actually welcome information. :sweat_smile: <3 Kittens.

Anyway, I actually have seen this a handful of times. Seen it more in WoW than in OW, oddly enough (so many gay guildmates had to make sure everyone knew).

Only time I saw it in OW was some guy was trying to say he wasn’t getting healed because he was gay. lol I don’t know if that was a joke / he was trolling or what. I’d like to HOPE he was kidding, but he seemed legitimately angry, so… XD

Anyway, I’d like to clarify that I don’t mind it too much, as long as they’re not mean about it (like bringing it up just to start a fight or try to bait people into a confrontation, etc.)

I think a lot of people are lonely or don’t get enough attention IRL, so they overshare online. Probably a case of that. Heck, I’m guilty of this, tbh. XD

2 Likes

HanaSolo
HanaSolas
HanaSola
HanaSolamos
HanaSolais
HanaSolan

or in your base form, HanaSolar

5 Likes

Literally hit the nail. I have a feeling these people aren’t even gay. Sometimes in response, I tell them I’m also gay so it’s balanced and they literally become silent lol. Sad humans ig

1 Like

I have a plat border and have literally never seen this happen.

On the other hand I absolutely have had straight men sit there and talk about their preferred boob size and what girls they want to bang the most, but you don’t see me whining about straight men flaunting their sexuality.

16 Likes

It’s just the slight differentiation between making actual conversation and then the obvious nonsense like you mentioned with somebody bringing their orientation completely out of the woodwork as the reason why they weren’t being healed.

I get people have issues and talking about them, even to a random person over the internet, helps them get through those rough patches. No problem with that. Check my posting history, I have plenty of time on my hands and lots of room on these shoulders to lean on.

But when people just start shoving it out there for no reason other than to obviously get a rise out of others, well…

3 Likes

I’m not complaining about guys irl doing that either. I’m saying if I’m in a comp game I don’t wanna hear a talking s***post. I want people making call outs or saying glhf or gg at the beginning/end of a game

I have seen the sort of thing you described on many occasions, even in the text chat. I don’t see that as a problem either, so long as everyone consents. No one seems to bat an eye at it either. This thread is just another of those examples where there is a double standard in society. A straight person does one thing and nobody cares. An LGBT person does the same thing and suddenly it’s the "gay agenda shoving it down everyone’s throat"™.

10 Likes

I have seen a guy on match cannel say he’s going to win because the enemy is gay, implying that he is not gay, so… yeah. I have.
The difference is that your guy was definitely joking and my guy… well, I can cross my fingers and hope he was joking, but god knows there are actually people who actually take their “homosexuals are weak” nonsense to the most ridiculous lengths.

10 Likes