Constant frame drops

I get really good FPS on a Predator Helios 300, and only recently i get terrible frame drops. I have no idea how it started, and no topic will fix it.

These standard tips can help resolve most Overwatch FPS drops:

• Reset Overwatch’s Video Settings
  • Update your graphic card driver.
  • Reset your graphic card driver settings., then make sure that your Graphic Card Driver control panel is configured correctly for Overwatch. This includes setting Overwatch at Maximum Performance (not optimal power) for Power Management and making sure it set to run on the graphics card and not the motherboard chipset.
  • In drastic cases you may need to reinstall the driver and update to the most recent driver for your card. Remember to use Display Driver Uninstaller to completely clean out your old driver. Then download the most recent NVidia or AMD for your system.
  • There have been other threads reporting that updating your system BIOS can help with some performance issues with recent patches. Please be careful if you choose to update your BIOS and look up your motherboard’s instructions on how to do this.

Also here are advanced tips I have written in Overwatch’s Tech Support forum that maximize your FPS performance in the game.

Problem fixed it self, kinda. Only get one frame drop for something like orb of discord, but only happened once. Probably was battle.net maintenance.

WM. This isn’t fixing the issues. We’ve DDX’d this already last year with Drakuloth, when they landed a patch roughly around the time of September it started to smooth itself out. Then the patches from Oct, November and December muddied it up yet again. Overwatch League is just around the corner and we need answers.

My uncle who works as Tech support for a big Pharma out of Florida says two things.

• Memory registers handling issues with the game’s engine.
  • Refresh rate synchronization with the game’s graphics engine itself.

XMP profile only begins to slightly mitigate the issue, along with Shader Cache Disabled for users that use a Spindle-based hard disk drive for their Operating system.

it’s a Core game engine issue. AMD, Intel and nvidia users are all talking about this outside of the game on Reddit, youtube, D/W forums and other facets of the web are all trying to figure out why their big Triple-A titles don’t “chug” like this game does.

I’d get this topic over to the Development and testing dpt asap and just ask them what they are testing the games on. Because clearly they are not experiencing the same thing many people outside of their test-bed offices are seeing.

Monitor
Motherboard
CPU
Windows OS
RAM type and configuration (dual or even quad channel)