Console to PC Aim Assist Filters

I didn’t know they sold M+K for that cheap, it’s nice to know but I’ll agree to disagree in the stance that I don’t think it’s right to get people to buy extra stuff outside the norm for their respective system just to have a more even playing field. My argument also still stands I don’t understand why you will just write it as if you have the only or best solution.

You and NighthAwk are showing severe narrow-mindedness/inconsideration but I still agree that those are possible fixes. As of this moment I am unsure if console overwatch supports M+K as NighthAwk has stated more console games are supporting them.

Because in a competitive game it’s not appropriate to give players an artificial advantage. While aim assist may not be so strong that it gives them an upper hand, many people like myself still frown heavily on the idea - at best the game has given you an advantage you didn’t have. You did not earn the shots you’re taking.

In a competitive environment, the best solution is always to make sure all participants are on equal footing. A player may willingly choose to disadvantage themselves, but should never receive help from an outside source simply because they are using different equipment. Instead you should always strive to give everyone access to the same equipment, not give advantages or disadvantages to those with better or worse equipment. On PC, this is already true:

• Anyone is capable of spending their resources to acquire better hardware to maximize performance (e.g. framerate)
  • Controllers are supported, and do not have aim assist. This has been true since the game came out.

Even when “it’s just quickplay” or “it’s just arcade”, these are still competitive environments. Some players do take these modes seriously, despite not having a ranking system attached to them.

Console overwatch does not support mouse and keyboard - I’m suggesting that it should and that there do exist other titles that support it. This statement was in response to saying that you would be “About $160 for a single game is too much for a lot of people” - my point being that the money you’d spend on a M+K can in fact be used by other games, and support grows as more and more games add it in. If the console gaming industry perpetually looks at M+K and says “eh nobody else does it so why should I” then it won’t happen. My hope would be that if big name titles like OW, others would also follow suit and it would become more common and standard.

This sounds like a great idea, having more options in general is better for preferences.

The issue here is people aren’t willing putting themselves at a disadvantage, they are forced to if they wish to play with friends.

I will still agree to disagree with this point. It does make sense but I’m still at the stance that people should be given a more even grounds. If you were to potentially play at a gold match for example would you deem it fair if the entire enemy team is at peak gold while you and your team is at the bottom of gold? Both teams are relative to one another in skill but the system put the higher ranked players on one side. This isn’t really a hardware example but it’s a purposely skill gaped scenario and I’ll argue that console players mainly have experience with AA that they are more skilled with using and/or abusing AA and forcibly removing it is the same as changing essential settings of a game to hinder someone’s usual performance.

For most games I usually disable AA but for Overwatch It’s absolutely obnoxious dealing with the faster heroes with stick limitations as I gave more context to in an earlier reply.

Another example would be for bunny hopping since I know this was a thing. People would buy a specific mouse that unlocks the scroll wheel so they get additional/perfect B-hops throughout spamming it. (I forgot what game this was for) If people don’t have the money for it they must use a macro to input the same command to be able to compete. It can potentially be better depending on how it’s used.

If there is a game that requires a button mash binding it to the scroll wheel will give an advantage to those who paid for that specific mouse and using a macro would help make it more fair due to the hardware limitation.

1. Splitting the playerbase at this point is not an option.
  2. If they enabled AA in any shape or form to be shareable across PC servers, me and 20000 other PC players would simply grab our consoles and use them as medians between the gameplay to enable AA for us even though we would still continue to play just like we did before, giving us veteran players AA which would enable us to do stuff like consistently one-clip all 200hp heroes on Tracer. And regardless of everything: we would 100% do this and use it to our advantage

There are too many variants to make “Claims” as strong as that.

In PC the majority are “Sweaty try-hards” they are people of 25-35 years which build good PCS of 750-1000 dollars dedicated to “Compete totally” in LoL, Overwatch, apex, CoD-Warzone, damage meters on FFXIV and WoW.

On console.

In XBOX overwatch has never been well accepted since microsoft has Gears / halo and they avoid playing against PC players since they know its potential in the Gears 5 forums the “Cry” of every day because the devs forced the cross play are brutal.

On Nintendo-Switch, most are children or people who are too casual who will never play “until the dead” in their games.

On ps4 the public is between 15-25 years old. It is the only platform where OW could be “considered” a little more serious but nowhere near as it is played on PC.

Overwatch was dead and buried in console. A game even as a tank would take 7.5 minutes and in DPS more than 15 minutes. The mentality of PC gamers is their 144hz, 240hz, 360hz monitors, their powerful PCs and their “Try-hard” is something that 99% of console gamers cannot compete with.

There are very rare cases where Console players win. It is not that they are bad, it is that their mentality is “Other” they buy a play for the exclusives and to play on screens with High-Latency. etc.

it proves that console players are not as bad as people claim. Also the past few days I’ve seen many console players in Arcade, we didn’t “badly lose” either.

That’s the hottest take I’ve seen in a good week.

You can’t be typing that with a straight face?

No it doesn’t prove anything.

You rolled PC players in ONE match. One match out of thousands. Which means you have a sample size of 1 to work with.

If I stomp a team solo as Zen in one match, that doesn’t mean I’m good at Zen.

So your claims that console players aren’t bad without aim assist don’t hold up. Just an FYI

can you stop saying that console players are bad because they’re not.

Also not only that, there are tons of people prior to crossplay who played PC version of Overwatch WITH a controller.

The person below Trilly is a console player and also does not agree with that statement.

I never said console players without aim assist are bad, in fact I’m one of them so I wouldn’t just call us bad. I said your claims about console players were wrong, because the evidence you gave us to go off of wasn’t strong enough; once again, a sample size of 1 is the worst sample size you can have when testing anything.

One more thing, THIS evidence appears anecdotal at best. I’m guessing you’ve heard about PC players using controllers, so you just figured a lot of people have done, or are currently doing it. Don’t tell me this was a baseless claim

Stop acting like just because console is vs PC that they will automatically lose zzz

I mean, obviously it won’t happen to this extent in every possible matchup of players, but the cross-play challenge between console and PC SVB did showed a significant difference in ranks between the platforms.

SVB cross-play challenge

Opt-in for PC players and aim assist for console players. Everyone is happy. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Just depends on what hero they play. No aim assist makes accurate tracking feel insanely difficult

That’s interesting. I hope they do more challenges like that so we get more accurate results and a bigger sample size.

EDIT: After watching the video SVB stated that he would have enabled aim assist if he could. Also at 27:04-27:18 people can see how badly pc users are abusing the slow turning through strafing. I’ll admit Wolf’s aim was very off regardless but he may have gotten 1-2 body hits in with AA. The soldier made a 180 instantly in comparison. A commenter made a good point in which the console player’s muscle memory is made with AA in use.

Against Gold it was extremely one-sided. Against silver out of the 3 rounds only in one of them did the console players get any progress on the point. Against bronze it was relatively close but still a loss for console.

The reason I’d prefer to get rid of aim assist when playing with PC players is that the players who use M&K on console now trick the game into thinking that they are playing on a controller, since they are playing through a controller.

If they want aim assist, play on console only, and lose the option for M&K (maybe). If they want to play with PC, play with the same rules as PC players.

I’d personally like for everyone to play in the same queue, since that means more players to play against. But I can understand some players not wanting to play without aim assist.

1 Like