Console Mercy (AMA comment feedback)

So I just wanted to give a little normal feedback on playing Mercy on console.

I used to play Mercy…irregularly, but considered her a viable choice back in OW1.

With the integration of Superjump, I find her completely unworkable for me, because of the X axis “Look upwards to jump” requirement, which doesn’t feel good at all when using a controller.

It requires me to need to adjust the X axis sensitivity to enable superjump so much that it makes normal motion disorienting.

She has turned into the support that I will absolutely not play under any circumstance. If the choice is play Mercy or log off, I will log off every single time.

Now, it could be that I just stink, but I do pretty well on other supports.

Anyhow, not necessarily asking for anything, just wanted to share my experience. I’d like to play Mercy, but with the lookup component of SJ as it works on the controller, it is the hardest of nos.

You don’t need to look up to SJ?
SJ is bound to crouch, the look and go bit is slingshot. It’s a lot more malleable than true SJ since SJ just gives height with nearly no horizontal movement, and slingshot can blend both.

I do find her new movement much less satisfying on console and it has been a huge factor in me playing primarily on PC though, 1000% agree.

2 Likes

Whoah, so I’m just dumb then, cause I spent a couple hours in the practice range committing the look up component to muscle memoru (to be clear, look up pkus jump does it).

Thanks a ton, I’m gonna try it out on crouch.

Yea, if you’re just looking for the height gain crouch works great.
Look+Jump give you more flexibility but your sens needs to be absurd to get most of the value from it and it still feels worse on controller.
Plus you like have 0 chance of hitting anything ever if you max sens for half decent slingshot usage.

Thanks a ton, she has definitely gone from unplayable to "clumsy and really dumb that there isn’t a “fly” option which doesn’t also crouch, but that’s just preference.

I’m gonna give her the old college try now, it’s 1000x better without having to look with that sensitivity.

It’s kind of a shame just how unintuitive and poorly explained it is, I mean I’m a veteran with thousands of hours and I had to make a forum post just to learn this.

No game should be so clumsy that you need to consult a 3rd party site just to learn how to set up basic functionality.

2 Likes