Console key binding problem

so i had the BRILLIANT idea to play around a bit with the “toggle hud” option and set it to the right button of the control cross at first, then to L3
i totally forgot about it until i wanted to use a teleporter in a match a few minutes ago
i can’t figure out how to unbind the hud key, so my question is: how the heck do you unbind a key on your controller without erasing all your existing settings for literally every hero?
because the only way to undo it that i know of would be to reset all settings to default which means i’d have to go through the struggle of customizing all my settings again (and probably losing some along the way and struggling to find good settings for specific heroes AGAIN)

Well, idk about unbinding the HUD since I don’t use unbind like…ever.

But maybe just rebinding it to something you use on every hero? Like, do you universally crouch with b?

If you do, bind the HUD to b, and then just rebind b to crouch again?

I think it’s Y for switch, X for Xbox and Square for play station
It appears on the top right of the binding section, just binding, not the entire page

Edit: found this image

You can see below “color” (for the crosshair) there’s the unbind key

1 Like

thank you so much, you literally saved my life

as for this one, i already did that multiple times and funny enough, it would take the same button for multiple things. wouldn’t work a while ago when i tried to do something (can’t remember what exactly) but now that it shouldn’t work like that, it does.
i also bound it to circle and x but it wouldn’t let me jump or crouch after i bound it to the keys.
mooshpaw just solved it for every console though so there’s that

2 Likes