Congrats Blizzard

My girlfriend with over 290 hours on Mercy, her second highest being Ana with 30 hours, who has tolerated your butchering of the character until now, can no longer stand her current state and can’t bring herself to play her favorite hero anymore. The character feels ineffective and isn’t satisfying to play anymore, she said.

You guys clearly know what you’re doing.

PS. She’s high plat/diamond. PPS. We play other games, too.

Her response later in this thread.I'm the girlfriend from post. The whole meaning of the post was to share the experience of one player, even though we know that a lot of mercy players are not happy with SOME changes. What ruined mercy for me was her nerfed beam when she allegedly, as said by dev team, was supposed to be the strongest healer due to fact that she can't deal damage at the same time.

I came to enjoy most of the nerfs she went through, but at her current state when I can take ana or moira and get much more healing done ( and some damage) she is not an option anymore. I liked to play mercy for her mobility and her kit. I wouldn’t have been upset if they nerfed her to be as strong as other healers, but now she is almost the most useless one with really weak healing, no damage dealt by herself, and almost no utility.

Edit: This post doesn’t help Mercy’s case at all, I realize. Wasn’t thinking when I posted, meant to blow off steam I guess, and a desire to be heard by the very silent and seemingly neglectful dev team. Selfish post, sorry. I support the poster Titanium. If this post serves no other purpose, then hopefully it’ll at least be more support for them:

h ttps://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/why-i-have-yet-to-not-despise-mercys-current-state/182707

I just hope I don’t tarnish their name or the value of their post, lol.

Edit2: She doesn’t really support Titanium like I do. She’s pretty ok with Valk and doesn’t much care for a revert. Really just wants her healing power back, or some kind of utility to make up for the extreme lack of power.

LOOK AT THIS LZRD h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi40XH4k_kE
8 Likes

Yes, same for my 12 yrs old daughter

20 Likes

I refuse to play Mercy at all these days. I’ll either play Moira or Ana if I’m a main healer, but if someone asks me to go Mercy then I won’t answer. I’m fortunately a flexible tank and support main though.

28 Likes

Tell her to quit Overwatch, it is the best solution. There are many games out there!

For example, I am enjoying LoL again and playing Zelda hehe

6 Likes

Maybe dont get so brought into a bunch of pixels and coding? Who the hell gets depressed due to a game character

34 Likes

Gee it’s almost like the game has 27 other heroes to choose from and encourages playing and enjoying more than one.

35 Likes

She got used to playing an overpowered character and she’s upset that Mercy was brought down to the level of everyone else? Sounds like an entitlement issue.

33 Likes

Its a forum. With 0 facial expressions or vocal emotion. Everything you say is literal. If you say something people will take it literally.

3 Likes

Uh oh. I guess we have to fix it right now then.

3 Likes

It’s the famous Blizzard “Who’s in the spotlight this patch!?!?” balance strategy. Mercy had it, now it’s Ana’s turn. Heck, can you imagine if she mained Ana for 300 hours before this patch?

O the pain. In all seriousness though, that sucks and I hope she feels better. But it IS fair. And I’m a Mercy main :wink:

5 Likes

Thumbs at 50 yard dumpster overflowing with Doomfist and Brigitte posts.

5 Likes

The loudest chick gets the worm.

1 Like

being unhappy is just a part of human life. Major part. Or i’m just depressed for past 12 years

3 Likes

You must be the saddest person I’ve witnessed online - ever.

This post is far and beyond pathetic.

2 Likes

okay? Fun is 100% subjective bud. There’s 27 other heroes for her to play.

3 Likes

hey, dude, i’m the saddest. No one will ever beat me there.

Mercy 1.0 was not OP, but could have done without the Invulnerability. An a few more tweaks. Heck, they even added a few tweaks to help prevent “Hide and Rez”, SR Exploit (yet DPS can kill 6 Heroes and get extra SR, but a healer…) an no Rez from spawn, then went ahead with the Rework anyway. Not to mention that “Hide and Rez” was overblown by Streamers then Jeff in his famous YouTube
h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDlCqJ1tD3M

Mercy 2.0 WAS OP, but most Mercy players did NOT want the Rework nor liked it.

Current Mercy, after 14 NERFS, can NOT even heal against Winston’s M1. All the “FUN” parts of Mercy had been stripped away by Nerf 7.

1. No extra damage from bullets in Valkyrie.
  2. Flight speed reduced to 12.5% of original flight speed (-75%=25%, then -50%=12.5%) making flight only slightly faster than walking/running speed.

Etc. etc. etc. Seriously, if this happened to any other Hero but a Support, a DPS for instance, you would see the same thing. But 14 Nerfs to a Hero in the name of “Balance”. There’s over 100,000 posts with a lot of good ideas for Fixing Mercy, and warnings that Mercy would be OP with the rework (starting in PTR). But no one of importance seems to read them (look at how many posts “THEY” actually read). YEP, the Rework was a “Total Success”.

25 Likes

I’m sorry but anyone maining a character for that legnth of time only to constantly see them gutted is bound to have some kind of emotional reaction to not being able to use them any more.

Instead of being pedantic about wording be constructive.

10 Likes

The definition of “depress” is “make someone feel utterly dispirited or dejected”. So yeah, you should take it literally instead of attempting to infer it means she’s clinically depressed over a video game.

7 Likes

so…because one person is sad about this, blizzard should feel bad

4 Likes