Confused about Moira changes

I don’t even know what it’ll stop.

Will this interrupt a hook? I don’t know, there’s no easy way for everyone to find out. Even if it did it would involve Moira essentially throwing away her means of defending herself for another 8 seconds as she’d have the almost immediately cancel fade.

The easiest counter would be to something like Dva’s nuke but do we REALLY need to undermine DVA? Is DVA the tank that’s running rampage and needs her wings clipped?

Of if they heal it or cleanse it with a bubble/fade/wraith/whatever then it stops if I remember correctly.

This is exactly why I made this post. This is literally pointless. Just pick Baptiste and use immo

I only tried as mei and zarya, But ice block with orb on you does not remove the orb. Nor did zarya bubble. So on a target like mei, if she uses ice block, it should sit on her for 3s instead of 2, since it wont be doing 120dmg to her. I wonder if that means it will do 60dps for 3s to ppl around her.

Ill go test that and get back to you :wink:

So it JUST stops damage?

Everything else is normal, just “if it would reduce HP, it doesn’t”.

Pretty much, just a second of, “you cannot touch me” like her fade does to her. Seems pretty pointless if you ask me.

Sounds good.

But Fade doesn’t JUST stop damage to herself. She can’t be hooked, can’t he hacked, can’t be EMP’d.

If you time it then yes this also applies to allies. But if you’re a second too late and miss that window? Then the anti/burn/freeze/whatever will still be there anyway.

The timing is just too harsh for very little benefit.

No cleanse effect? That was the only portion of the change that was useful. Change is pointless now.

1 Like

This is so confusing because Mei’s primary fire isn’t a binary thing, it’s continually slowing a target then it suddenly freezes them.

Devs shouldn’t introduce this mechanic because it’s just too opaque, most people are never going to figure out what is going on, it’s just going to be a confusing mess.

We have a cleanse, it’s Zarya’s bubble, we know how that works. We’ve had 4 years to figure it out.

1 Like

Given that they’re going to change Moira to make her Require Skill™, and nothing anyone can say will change that, it seems to me that they can go one of two ways:

• Make it so Moira does more damage with her RMB, but make it require more aim. She can then be brought up to other supports’ level of DPS and they can take it from there
  • Give Moira some utility that’s hard to quantify the worth of, clumsily attach it to Fade, and spend months trying to balance the wretched thing

I’d prefer the first option, personally.

2 Likes

It’s a smart simple solution for a game now in its 5th year.

We don’t need some new weird mechanic that is going to have everyone divided over how it works, especially as I know changes will inevitably lost as some are changed as balance patches and others are changed as “bug fixes”.

When the community clearly thinks an ability is SUPPOSED to work a way, you can’t change it and say “that was a bug, we fixed that bug which also happened to substantially change the effectiveness” then don’t call it a bug fix. Own it and call it a balance change.

1 Like