So, I’ve been playing Widowmaker is QP the last couple of days. The trick to getting over the anxiety of what my team thinks is to pick her and not care.
They may not like her, but they may like the results when I’m done. Not to sound cocky, but I think my muscle memory is getting better. My positioning has always been terrible. I’m working on that.
I’ve been playing her in QP almost exclusively, the reason the best widows become the best is they never stop practicing, testing their aim at all the mobile heroes this game has to offer. I think I’m as ready as I’ll ever be to complete my RQ placements as widow, just need to get that done.
Of course, I haven’t forgotten about my tanking in RQ, but I do want to complete placements for DPS, so I can rank up in more roles than just tank. Variety is the spice of life.
The spice must flow. I just want to have fun playing all my mains. That includes my favorite French girl!
6 Likes
Literally the exact same experience picking up vendetta for the first time last week. She’s fun to play even in her nerfed state. Screw what everyone thinks this is the hero I want to use at the moment. That’s the beauty of overwatch, there’s a hero for everyone.
4 Likes
This is what I am struggling with honestly
. I’ve always wanted to play Widow and try and get good at her, but I can already hear in my mind the “THIS WIDOW IS TRASH” comments
. I know I can never get good with her if I’m always too scared to pick her in qp…
Maybe one day I won’t let my anxiety get to me and just do it anyway 
2 Likes
You should try it. You might surprise yourself how well you can do. 
You can always swap to someone more familiar if it’s not working.
3 Likes
Very true!! Not like I’m forced to stay her the whole game I guess 
3 Likes
In fact, I believe that is the “meta” for us washed up Widoewmaker. I only pick her to cheese a kill at a long line of sight and move on shortly thereafter.
1 Like
Practice Cassidy to develop the skill to play Widow/Ash. No one cries about Cass in QP and the improvement to your aim and positioning will transfer over when you pick Widow. They go in steps Cass → Ash → Widow
1 Like