Concord the third rival to overwatch

What is this raining of hero shooters, this looks fire a lot more polished than deadlock.

11 Likes

Overwatch now faces its toughest competition yet; a commercial supersonic airline from the 80s.

28 Likes

They have lore too

2 Likes

Doesn’t look bad, ngl. First one that’s in first person, so it’s got a leg up on the others. My only issues so far is that:

• The dialogue is drier than a Sunchip (though, tbf, what Overwatch clone isn’t)
  • One shot’ing heroes
  • Flash bangs
  • Smokes
  • Shields

I don’t have many problems with the later portion of these issues, it’s just that they’re known to cause issues later down the line and they tend to be gimmicky.

5 Likes

I mean it’s budget galaxy of guardians.

Also og blizzard was Pixar level i doubt anyone will match that.

7 Likes

Love to see it. This game desperately needs replacing by a team who cares

3 Likes

I’m not loving the aesthetic or the cheesy marvel-esque aesthetic and quips. They couldn’t come up with a better name than ‘free gunners’?

1 Like

It’s decently good for a game.

1 Like

I’ve been meditating and manifesting with The Gateway Experience :pray:

You’re welcome guys :+1:

1 Like

It does seem like we have a horde of Overwatch competitors coming in the next few years. Guess every major publisher smelled blood in the water. :smile:

6 Likes

Well, there seems to be a renaissance of team hero-shooters this year. I’m glad to see more competition. Sadly, if a game isn’t on all platform, there is honestly little hope from it to sustain more than half a year or a year in general based on previous other games.

Deadlock has more potential to live longer, even Marvel Rivals if anything. A game locked to PS/PC is abysmal longterm. You kinda need to have an environment for console and it’s much better to combine the big 3 in crossplay than lock it to only 1.

We’ll see if it even pushes for anything later this susmmer for that game, I doubt it’ll do much for long-term.

EDIT: Marvel Rivals is coming to current-gen consoles (minus Switch).

2 Likes

Is it not coming to Switch 2?

:pouting_cat:

Concord is PS5 only as of right now, so the chances of it succeeding is extremely low until it becomes multi-platform.

6 Likes

Game studios are realizing that Overwatch is a shell of what it once was and the hype for it died down over the years, even with the launch of OW2, it still did not reach the same potential that OW1 launch had.

IMO I think this is the perfect time to come out with hero shooters now that OW is no longer the behemoth of the genre.

4 Likes

ps and pc so it decent playerbase missing only xbox

Even though I am kinda happy that ppl are trying to dethrone OW, it may actually have the opposite effect and give it more attention.

This seems like another Lawbreakers with these ugly designs.

1 Like

no this one is decent galaxy of guardian budget team.

Like no one wants to dethrone anything more comp is always good and playerbase of that genre increases.

Yeah but it also has to be good enough if wanting to compete.

1 Like

Honestly, every time I see this Overwatch rivals, I think of someone at Blizzard lighting up a cigar xD

3 Likes

Didnt know this is a thing and it actually looks great thanks for sharing

1 Like