The Competitive Bugs Megathread

To Teknici4n: Yup, your issue definitely falls under the Incorrect Competitive Career Statistics Page section. I only play on PC, so I don’t know if I have anything useful to share, so I’d encourage you to look through that list to see if anyone with the same issue has some useful information. I’ve linked your post to this thread as well.

To SEN: It’s definitely frustrating and unfortunately, you are far from the only person who is experiencing this bug.

2 Likes

I had the same issue (PC) : I ranked gold 4, then won my 5 games and, when the animation appeared, it put me in silver 4 (instead of my current rank) and made me up to silver 2 … In view of the comments, i’m afraid that, once i’ll going back to gold 4, it will do the same thing and downgrade me to silver 4 again … :confused:

4 Likes

It just might take AWHILE for it to be fixed. But hopefully eventually it will all be fixed and everyone gets everything they deserve to have

2 Likes

thanks you for that post,
hope the game will get better soon, i just get ban for a disconnecting of the server again the server fail penalize me again.
thanks you.

1 Like

Hey man I’ve been trying for a day to get th forums to work just so I can comment here and say I’m gettin the 5 tier rank reset you mentioned and posted on another persons comment. I was a master 3 getting promoted to master 2 but when it took me to the animation of the rank change, it said I was a diamond 3 and then I got promoted to diamond 2. I also have video of it happening cause I clipped it but I was just glad to find out I’m not alone on this issue. It also seems to be effecting all ranks.

4 Likes

I had to make a whole Reddit community just so I could attach a link to the video too btw but here it is https://www.reddit.com/r/aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeee/comments/11nyzbr/overwatch_rank_glitch/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf Video shows me going from master 3 to diamond 3 then getting promoted to diamond 2 all in one go, Really hope they fix it.

4 Likes

To ElPsykongroo: Yeah, there is a very high likelihood that it will happen. However, recording a clip of this bug in action would also be greatly beneficial to prove the existence of this bug for others and the Devs. I would encourage everyone experiencing this bug to record a clip like that if possible.

To Shorty00: I would certainly hope so. But if history has anything to say, there is no such guarantee even of an acknowledgement of the issue, let alone it’s fix. We can only hope threads like this one will grow large enough to attract Developer attention and have them address these issues.

To RyuShin: I’m glad someone appreciates my efforts. I would appreciate it even more if more players would help spread the word about this thread and the Devs would address these bugs.

To Hsxpro21: Thank you so much for linking this clip. Visual quality aside, this is exactly what we were looking for to prove this five subdivision demotion bug. I’ve put a link to it in my thread as well under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment & Reddit Links.

1 Like

Hi,
Just wanted to throw my hat in the ring and say I was diamond 3 DPS, won 5 games (don’t know my record) and didn’t know if I was going to rank up or down, but then suddenly in the rank up video it showed i was plat 3, then went to plat 1. i checked my career profile since i am aware that it can take a second to update, and it still showed diamond 3. then i checked after 30 secs and it was plat 1. my season high is still diamond 3. i will say that i did rank up to diamond on all three roles what felt was quite fast (i went from diamond 5 to 2 as support in one jump) when previously i had been barely crawling out of plat.

sadly i don’t have videos, only random screenshots of me sharing my ranks with my friends

2 Likes

That’s unfortunate, but I do appreciate you commenting on this. Let’s hope others will be able to create more videos of this bug in action so that the Devs can address this issue.

2 Likes

Yes yes yes, time to bump!

2 Likes

Of course, the best time to bump up is always.

1 Like

I dont have much to contribute since we already said everything but yes I help to bump

Even if dont think someone from Blizzard will read all these posts lol

1 Like

Regardless of whether or not all these posts will be read, the important thing is that attention is brought to the issues they describe. In that regard, any bump up is a helpful one.

For PlayStation players who wonder why they are not in the “PlayStation” top 500

It’s because you have to disable cross play

I did it but it takes me 10 minutes to find a game, and now by looking at the rankings I can find myself (not top 500 of course, because you have to start from 0, I am unranked for PlayStation but Diamond 1 with cross play)

I think I understand why there are only 4 pages in open queue… It’s very long to find without cross play

1 Like

At the very least, that’s one mystery solved. It might take a while but the Season 4 starts on April 11, so you have a bit more time to finish those 25 or 50 minimum games. It is unfortunate that queue times are so much longer if you want to play without crossplay however, but that’s not unexpected. Maybe you should create a new discussion post letting other players know about this and hopefully they will contribute to reducing the queue times.

Well you are literally unranked, so after 5 wins I will appear silver or gold for example.

You lost everything when you disable the cross play

Anyway, at least I understand the mystery now

1 Like

That’s incredibly unfortunate, I only play on PC so I wasn’t aware disabling crossplay refreshes account data as well, but I suppose it would make sense since it does change the available matchmaking population. Anyways, hopefully others will find your comment and have their questions answered too. Of course, you are more than welcome to help keep this and other threads bumped up too, anything would be appreciated.

Just here to include my story on the 5 subdivision comp bug. ranked twice this week and went from plat 1 to silver 1. Incredibly unfortunate because I went 5-0 on my last rank-up.

2 Likes

Thanks for your comment and I’m sorry that you experienced this bug too. If you can, could you record your bugged rank adjustment, making sure that at some point in the video it shows your pre-adjustment rank, either from the queue menu or the career profile, and link that video to the thread? Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would also be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Just lost 5 divisions in a single adjustment.
Thank you for your hard work on comp and please keep on making your extremely amazing anime collabs.

2 Likes