The Competitive Bugs Megathread

Thank you for putting in this crazy amount of work.
I really hope it reaches the devs and they can actually fix things and help us out of our frustration over something that should be fun! This reply is mostly meant as a boost but also als a thank you for the time you take to make this post and give all the answers you can find.

1 Like

i have a video link but i canā€™t post it apparently

he was plat 4, after 5 wins : new rank gold 5 to gold 1
but yeah he didnt record his career so some people here will not trust him, i found it on a french forum

btw, about me, I started to complain as a diamond 5 here, because the top 500 on playstation start at diamond 5, actually I am diamond 1 in flex, after more than 100 games and still not top 500

the first page start with master and at the end diamond 2

but they are not many players, maybe 4 pages, I have the impression that this list is full of bugs, in comparison the xbox list is full of GMs, so yes the playstation is not as skilled, but it seems abnormal to me

afterwards if, at the end of the season, the diamond 5 people have their top 500 rewards, they are really lucky, because we are many to be better ranked but not to appear

1 Like

To Stollentroll: Iā€™m glad my efforts are appreciated, and I appreciate your contribution in spreading the word as well. I just hope the Developers too will appreciate and utilize this resource in addressing these issues sooner rather than later.

To Benzema: Could you describe why you canā€™t post that video? Is there an error when trying to imbed or link the video? Is there some form of restriction put on your account or is it an issue with the functionality of a forum post? I know itā€™s possible to link Youtube videos, but Iā€™m not sure if there are other ways to link videos besides that. As for the bugged Top 500 leaderboards, it reminds me of the Season 36 leaderboards, where players who are eligible did not appear on the leaderboards consistently. The difference was that back then, it was random if and when players were removed, but now it seems like an issue with the code incorrectly categorizing player attributes before placing them on the leaderboards. Nothing we as players can do that though besides promote these posts and hope a Dev notices them.

Yes the link was not accepted on the forum

I upluad it

He was plat 4 I swear ^^
And yeah, the dev should look at the top 500 open queue PlayStation one time, itā€™s impossible to only have 37 players, I have many of my friendlist in Master that are not registred too, unfortunately like u said, we can do nothing

2 Likes

6 month laterā€¦ Still no fix for the s36 top500 rewards.

1 Like

new patch
still dont care about this thread

1 Like

They donā€™t care about a lot of things that they should care for the good of players.

2 Likes

Please donā€™t pay any mind to the person on this thread questioning the veracity of peoplesā€™ reports. It takes a special kind of person to use their free time gaslighting users on a bug report forum.

Once again I had the 5 subdivision demotion bug happen to me after winning 5 games. I climbed to Silver 5 on tank only to see after winning 5 more games that I was being ā€œpromotedā€ from Bronze 5 to Bronze 1ā€¦

1 Like

To Benzema: Thanks for sharing your video, but crucially, it doesnā€™t display your pre-adjustment rank. This might be a too much to ask for, but knowing that your account is affected by this bug, could you rerank again, but have your recording include your pre-adjustment rank before your rank is adjusted, either by starting the recording from the queue screen or looking at your career profile some time in the middle of the match? In fact, if anyone is able to record such a video, Iā€™d greatly appreciate it if you could link it to this thread for others to see as it would serve as definitive proof that this bug exists not only for doubtful players but the Developers as well.

To mw2k12: And another six months I will wait if it means my efforts will grant us the rewards we rightfully earned. Blizzard seems to be in no rush to fix this bug, so neither will I be in any rush to give up monitoring the forums and spreading the word about this bug. Any help in doing so would be appreciated.

To SausageDog: There is no doubt the Developers care more about this game more than most players do seeing as they quite literally have to work on this game since their life depends on it. That being said, I will just wished they would at least communicate with us more as to what they are or will work on.

To Rhizomes: Whether malicious or ignorant, or even both, questioning the truthfulness of any post is a valid and necessary response, which makes it even more crucial that these bugsā€™ existences are definitively proven and any possible doubts are laid to rest before such misinformation spreads. As for the five subdivision bug, you probably already knew this, but there is no current fix for that other than to keep pestering the bugs to address it.

1 Like

I agree with you
Unfortunately it was not my video, I found it on a french forum

1 Like

Itā€™s a bit exaggerated: if the game is a failure, they will be reassigned to other games in the company to share their experience, and if they are fired they can always apply to other companies thanks to their learned experience. With a lesser salary probably, that is the only negative aspect.
But to say that is a matter of life or death, they are far from it.

I feel like theyā€™ve isolated themselves in a bubble and donā€™t want to hear anything from the outside anymore, because thereā€™s a majority of toxicity, but that cuts them off from the minority of positive advices they might to profit from.

1 Like

Hi Azdyph, I have the same problem with Benzema where I was plat 5 and when I rank up the animation showed me I was gold 5 and new rank is gold 1. This is the second time already it happens to me, and honestly its tiring to rank up to plat again and traumatic to even go through the whole process just to record it to have it on proof. But for this thread, I will try it. We need a more transparent way on tracking our mmr, like other games who has online tracker on progression such as r6, otherwise how am I suppose to keep repeating going through multiple matches just to prove a point that rank is buggy? :sob:

2 Likes

To Benzema: My mistake for the assumption, but I appreciate you finding and linking that video to the thread regardless.

To SausageDog: Thatā€™s fair, whether Overwatch 2 lives or dies, the Developersā€™ livelihoods arenā€™t truly dependent on the game as much as they are on a company to employ them and their skills, but that is still influenced by the degree of success, or failure, of that game. And I agree with your isolation point too. Not only toxicity, but pridefulness and indecisiveness may also play major roles in that phenomenon too for all game studios not just Blizzard. At the same time, there is nothing we can really do to change that policy besides hoping that they will eventually decide internally to accept more external feedback. In that regard, I hope this thread will help them become more communicative.

To Aomame: If you really are able to capture such a video, you would be doing an incredible service to the thousands of other players who are experiencing this bug. So, for all those players, thank you in advance. And I agree, this 5 win 15 loss mechanic is, while made with good intentions, is simply unrewarding, overly convoluted, and untransparent. While the reward aspect would still need to be addressed, the replacement of the subdivision system with a numerical system, like the old SR system, in addition to a more informative competitive match record would be fantastic at solving those last two issues as well.

1 Like

Sorry if this isnā€™t the thread for this but i found you on another persons post and I think Iā€™m having the same issues or similar. My comp stats for PS5 are not showing accurately. I think theyā€™re not registering somehow. When I go to my career profile on the PS5 it shows my PC stats instead.

Iā€™m fairly new to the game and have been trying to climb the ranks as support right now but I havenā€™t been able to. Im not high ranked or super skilled at the game but it keeps placing me on bronze and im pretty sure i dont suck that much, or maybe I do but either way the stats arenā€™t accurate at least on the PS5.

I even have it recorded where I go from my PS5 to the PC and look at the stats on both platforms. Any Comp games played on the Pc will say abandoned on the PS5 and vice-versa.

Iā€™m not sure what to do or to even continue to try on the PS5 and just stick to PC.

1 Like

Hello. i have the same problem. im plat 4. i win 5 Games in a row and get a downranked to gold 5. Thats basicly what ranked is for me the last 2 weeks. it happend now 4 or 5 times. so Plat 4 is the highest possible rank now. what a joke.

2 Likes

To Teknici4n: Yup, your issue definitely falls under the Incorrect Competitive Career Statistics Page section. I only play on PC, so I donā€™t know if I have anything useful to share, so Iā€™d encourage you to look through that list to see if anyone with the same issue has some useful information. Iā€™ve linked your post to this thread as well.

To SEN: Itā€™s definitely frustrating and unfortunately, you are far from the only person who is experiencing this bug.

2 Likes

I had the same issue (PC) : I ranked gold 4, then won my 5 games and, when the animation appeared, it put me in silver 4 (instead of my current rank) and made me up to silver 2 ā€¦ In view of the comments, iā€™m afraid that, once iā€™ll going back to gold 4, it will do the same thing and downgrade me to silver 4 again ā€¦ :confused:

4 Likes

It just might take AWHILE for it to be fixed. But hopefully eventually it will all be fixed and everyone gets everything they deserve to have

2 Likes

thanks you for that post,
hope the game will get better soon, i just get ban for a disconnecting of the server again the server fail penalize me again.
thanks you.

1 Like

Hey man Iā€™ve been trying for a day to get th forums to work just so I can comment here and say Iā€™m gettin the 5 tier rank reset you mentioned and posted on another persons comment. I was a master 3 getting promoted to master 2 but when it took me to the animation of the rank change, it said I was a diamond 3 and then I got promoted to diamond 2. I also have video of it happening cause I clipped it but I was just glad to find out Iā€™m not alone on this issue. It also seems to be effecting all ranks.

4 Likes