Comprehensive Moira Guide

As someone who is relatively experienced with moira, I decided to create a guide for her for anyone who wants to learn her. Enjoy!

PLEASE ignore my horrible link skills I never thought I would learn coding by myself at 3am

Biotic Grasp (Healing)

To begin I’m going to talk about the bread and butter of moira; her healing. This heals for 80hp/s so it is great in tank based comps but is is tied to her biotic energy which gradually decreases over time so resource managing is an Extremely important skill to learn if you want to be good at moira.

It is worth mentioning that it; has a projectile speed of 20 m/s with a max range of 15m so it isn’t instant, pierces allies, has a lingering effect that heals for 65hp over 4 seconds and that it Doesn’t go through barriers

General Usage Tip

Tap heal if the target your healing isn’t under fire so as to heal them while using as little biotic energy as possible

Biotic Grasp (Damage)

Before I start for the 100th TIME, THIS IS NOT A LOCK-ON, it has been disproved many times in the past but people still think that it is a lock-on, it is just a zarya beam with a bigger hitbox. As for the animation it is just visually locking on so the animation wouldn’t look weird

Now that that’s over with I’ll begin.

This deals 50dps to a single target. It does not require you to reload so you can keep attacking. Additionally, it also heals moira for 30hp/s but is worth noting that it is Not affected by damage boosts so it will always heal for 30hp/s. It has a range of 20 metres which is the same range as a roadhog hook.

General Usage Tip

Tap the enemy if you need healing quickly as normally you’re getting back 12.5% of your max biotic energy per second but tap healing brings it up to about 20% per second. However, you are sacrificing damage by doing this.

Biotic Orbs

Starting with the damage orb, it deals 50 dps across all targets for a max of 200 damage. This means that if you throw this into the full enemy team, each enemy would take roughly 33 damage total so I don’t advise doing it. It moves at a speed of 20m/s or 5.5m/s while tethered. The same applies for the healing orb in terms of movement speed.

General Usage Tips

Use this if you are engaged in a 1v1 if your team doesn’t need healing to give you a huge edge.

You can also use this to kill a low health target at long range

Finally, while in a room, look straight at your feet and use it as it will allow you to scout out enemy players who go in while you are elsewhere

As for the healing side, it heals for 75hp/s across all targets for a total of 300hp. So, if you used this when you and your team were grouped up and damaged it would heal 50hp per person total. I HIGHLY recommend prioritizing this over the damage orb.

General Usage Tip

Once again, when you are in a teamfight in a room, aim at you feet so the orb stays in to room for consistent healing for 4 seconds

Fade

Moira’s mobility skill and so is her means of escape/engaging.This may seem like a straightforward ability at first but there is a hidden superjump-like mechanic it has where if you jump during fade when you hit a certain object, instead of stopping it will propel you up. Here is a video by KarQ showcasing them

Coalescence

Moiras ultimate. This is a Kamehameha long range beam that heals allies for 140hp/s and damages enemies for 70dps. Additionally it heals you for 50hp/s and gives you +50% movement speed for the duration. It lasts for eight seconds, pierces players and has a maximum range of 30 metres.

General Usage Tips

Use this as efficiently as you can as it is powerful when used at the right moment.
However, if you run out of healing/want to conserve it it is useful to use it to heal your tanks up to heal. Although this is a niche use so don’t only use it in this way

Another tip which you should always do is fire off a biotic orb and animation cancel with your ult so you can heal or damage for more and you will almost have another orb ready when your ult ends.

Matchups

Here is another video made by KarQ that showcases tips against every hero before hammond as moira.

Thank you for reading my guide on how to play Moira!

And remember, always drink up the saltiness of the enemy team

7 Likes

Great guide!

But it’s redundant (if you believe the forums) since all you have to do is sit in Spawn, use the succ beam to hit targets from across the map. And throw Damage orbs that will home in on enemies and teamwipe with every toss.

Just hold primary and win, is the usual guide the Forum believes.

But yours is actually comprehensive and well informed for all skill levels. Praise.

1 Like

Dear Moira players,
Don’t fade INTO the enemy team.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Thanks for making this technique known.

Well done guide!

2 Likes