Completely ignores player feedback

Same problem with World of Warcraft Blizzard completely ignores feedback of things that obviously are not fun or lack balance. You don’t even attempt to test nerfs.

I hate to say this but I will not be purchasing overwatch 2 and that really frustrates me. Why should I care about a game when you don’t even care enough to listen to players feedback. I’m out for the last and final time.

3 Likes

okay, have fun, go…do whatever

8 Likes

Blizzard doesn’t ignore feedback, they just don’t act on or respond to all of it. Most ideas aren’t practical, especially since it comes from people of all skill levels that may or may not understand how this game actually works.

3 Likes

Actually I think Blizzard are pretty good at listening to the community, they just take a while to show they do.

For example, people wanted role queue and cross play, plus the majority of patches are in response to community demand such as McCree nerfs, Genji buffs and Moira buffs. They just take far too long to actually implement these changes almost to the point where the community forget they even asked for them in the first place.

2 Likes

This for example didn’t get an update in over a month and tons of people basically just gave up trying to get someone to listen.

the thread even died the past week or so because that’s how much people gave up trying, really sad to know.

2 Likes

The general feedback (especially on this forum) is mostly incredible biased. If a hero they like gets nerfed its always a bad change even if the hero really needed the nerf. If a hero they dislike gets nerfed its always fair and the right thing to do even though the hero was mediocre.

1 Like

If they ignored feedback Genji wouldnt be getting the 29 experimental, now would he? Its exactly what a lot of us have been asking for.

Don’t worry, they will be crawling back to us when OW2 gets released.

may even change trivial things like the tracer pose again.

1 Like

I mean it really gives credence to the accusation that they allowed sexually predatory behavior to happen by ignoring the employees

reddit: WOAH SICK POTGS WOAH LOOK AT ALL THOSE VIEWS YEAH LET’S SHOW HOW LIVELY THE GAME IS

forum: here’s an elaborate slight criticism to the latest feature

OW devs: Can’t hear you over the ka-ching of all those UPVOTES!

PS: I’m aware that the OW team doesn’t have that, but it feels like criticism, unless it becomes brutal, is completely ignored.

1 Like

I. don’t. care.

20cha

It’s because Blizzard has a “You think you do, but you don’t” attitude toward its customers. Blizzard knows what you want for fun. The way they make their games are what you want, you just don’t know it.

Judging by how OW was handled after the first year, I don’t think anyone there even knows the meaning of that word anymore.

2 Likes

Completely ignores player feedback?

You mean like… role queue? crossplay? the great barrier nerf patch? Reworking Brig? Giving Hog an ult reduction passive? Giving McCree extra HP so he can do his job & nerfing his midrange effectiveness? nerfing widow? nerfing dragonblade & buffing genjis basekit? I could go on…

Blizz definitely listens to player feedback. Maybe too much

See you in two weeks.

Yeah, 10 years later after tons of nonsense changes which have messed up the game and ended up reverted anyway.

2 Likes

No they don’t

They did a massive questionnaire ages ago… and everything they asked if we’d like to see in game has appeared so far.

Might sound harsh… but I don’t think anyone cares if someone else is or isn’t going to buy OW2.

if only someone had cataloged even a few of the many times that blizz has in fact listened to player feedback/suggestions…if only…

1 Like

The problem is, they’re actually right about that a lot of time, but then instead of just saying the awful ideas are awful and they aren’t doing it they feel they need to tightly control the experience

Feedback on something not being fun is beyond useless. It is subjective, that thing you find not fun could be enjoyed by the rest of the playerbase. Why should they cater solely to you?

The balance teams statement on “We balance around fun and don’t even want to try to achieve perfect balance” is just so triggering. Fun is subjective. Hero stats are objective. Not trying to balance like that in an Esports game is just doomed to fail.

Funnily enough though when they’ve gone for full fun in the April Fools patch everyone liked that and they haven’t gone through them so what is it then? Its like not even the dev team knows what they want to do.