Competitive SR loss with leavers

Who else here agrees that you should lose little to no sr when you have leavers in a competitive game, I had just had a game where it was only me and my friend me and friend left in the game because EVERYONE ELSE had left, I had lost 47 SR from that game. Please make it to where we lose little to no sr when we have leavers in a competitive game (Little being 5 and under)

5 Likes

The Reason SR Loss exists is because even if the person remained it is quite likely you would have lost.

Either because they refused to cooperate or just knew they didn’t have the skill to succeed.

War is not won on weapons alone but also on the morale of the team. A team with great skill but with no morale are likely to lose to a team with high morale but with little skill.

1 Like

'b…bu…but people will abuse that so that they can make it so that their team mates wont lose SR when they lose"

right cause you know throwers, smurfs and the messed up competitive system in the first place makes it seem like sr means anything any more

there is no fix for this but all i know is losing after being forced to play pointless 5v6 really kills my love for this game

2 Likes

I don’t agree with that, it would be heavily abused. People could stack and just have 1 person designated as the “leaver” and any time they are about to lose the “leaver” would leave saving all of them from losing the normal amount of SR. People would also try and get each other to leave to save them from losing 25 SR so no bad idea

3 Likes

Yeah. One game everyone on the enemy team left except for one player before round two even started. That one player had to 1v6 us and couldn’t even leave spawn. I can only imagine how harshly the system punished him for not performing well during round two. We should have let him get some achievements to make up for his bad team.

1 Like

I haven’t been able to reconcile the idea that you should be able to win a 5v6 according to the SR system’s lack of adjustments with the fact that the SR penalty for leaving is specifically there because it punishes your team by giving them a disadvantage.

Right so let’s just add to the problems of competitive by implementing this new leaver abuse system, that’ll only make competitive even better. Great idea

Too easy to abuse, just get your friend to leave the match when u losing.

Leavers ruin this game, the only answer is longer ban times for leavers.

A second match left in a week should equal a 1 week ban.

If your internet sucks play qp.

The even bigger problem especially in lower ranks winning 5v6 can net you little SR.

I got 18 SR cause I played unselfishly switching to Lucio to speed our tanks to hold down the point.

The gain was not worth the crazy effort you have to put in. Almost 3 years and still having leaver problems shows the penalties are too light

1 Like

by that i mean more than 3 leavers

And take turns being the “leaver.” In solo Q ppl would bicker about who should leave to save everyone else from losing SR

We can implement strong bans for leavers and SR adjustments when a team is down a man simultaneously. I would love being abandoned and yet only losing a few SR, or actually gaining a bunch more if I manage to win with a leaver.

EDIT: Also, what’s the deal with offering me to rejoin the match if I lose 50 SR regardless? There’s no point in going back.

There would only be more than 3 leavers because the window where the original leaver could return has ended, meaning players can now leave freely without receiving a penalty (although they still lose about 25 SR)

The best idea is to reward those who stay and win like u say.

Even a draw should give both teams a little sr imo.

You don’t lose 50 SR if you rejoin within the window which lasts for about a minute or 2

That’s my problem is the sr you lose within the fight if you stay

Yeah, a little congratulatory 5 pts. or so.

I COMPLETELY agree with you. Especially when many of us lost SR because of Blizzards 2 week long serve issue recently. I lost over 300 sr from people being kicked from their servers. Why am I penalized. They claim it “all evens out”. I say BS. I was over 1600 SR right before it happened. Im at 1400 now after trying for the last week to get back up. Its not working Blizzard!!!

Are you sure? Because I rejoined immediately and deranked mid-match regardless. My team noted “You were plat when you started this game.” I’m relatively sure it’s immediate.

Well that’s the brakes, no one likes getting a leaver but the current system is better than one that could be heavily abused like what you want