Competitive season 1 ban due to being disconnected

Hello,

The OW2 servers have been very short of stable since its launch. I get it, there are a lot of people playing and it’s hard to predict server stability despite years of experience that Blizzard has.

Over the last 3-4 days I tried to play competitive OW2 games, but was disconnected 4 times which means I am now banned for the rest of season 1.

Each of those times I tried over and over again to re-join but was unable to do so because I couldn’t even log into Overwatch because I kept getting Error LC-208 until the game I was in was over. The 2 mins to re-join the game without punishment were useless because the servers wouldn’t let me back on until my game had already finished. I checked my network connection on my PS4 (as well as computer connected to the same network) and at no point did I have an isssue in either of them so I don’t see what could be the issue other than the OW2 server.

I opened a ticket about it on support, asking if I could be unbanned given the stability of the server being the cause of my disconnects, but it was less than helpful and didn’t address my issue at all - they basically just copied and pasted what happens to players who quit games early. Whoever answered me also decided to mark it as “resolved” without giving me a chance to answer back.

Is there anything that can be done about this ? I’ve played Overwatch for years and never had an issue like this, and now in less than 2 weeks I manage to get banned for an entire season because the servers are unstable but the punishment is the same as quitting games.

22 Likes

Same here! Hopefully blizzard realizes this is an issue for a lot of players and gives us access to competitive again. Especially since this is 100% an issue on their end, and there are no warnings telling us not to play competitive.

7 Likes

same here but i havent gotten a reply in four days, my ban went from an hour to almost 50 days, crazy

3 Likes

Haven’t been banned yet, but the same thing has consistently happened to me. I can go HOURS playing QP and arcade, but I get at best 3-4 comp games in before it decides to crash me to desktop at the start of my next one. It won’t even let me join back in once I get it started up again like it used to do for crashes in OW. I get punishing leavers, but being punished for poor programming is just insult to injury.

6 Likes

Same problem here! I am currently suspended for 20 hours and really scared I’m going to be banned for the season.

Before entering a competitive game, I am met with a connection issue where I fail to join a session. I try to rejoin the match however the game doesn’t allow such and stays stuck on the home screen. I consistently get penalized for this issue which exists when I seemingly just don’t stay on the Overwatch home screen. Going into custom games, looking at heroes, etc always causes an error where I can’t enter a competitive match.

SIMPLE SOLUTIONS:

1. Make it so if you disconnect before anyone loads into the game you cannot be penalized.

2. Make it so if you disconnect within 5 seconds of a competitive game loading you can only get penalized after 2 instances within 24 hours.

Being penalized when I did nothing wrong is not okay at all. Please fix this issue because it is making the game unplayable at times and outright infuriating.

5 Likes

I just got an 8 hour ban because of the game saying I’m connecting to the server and then not connecting me to the server. Thanks Blizzard!

2 Likes

I am not banned yet, but if you glitch or freeze un comp it is IMPOSSIBLE to return to the game until it is finished. It needs fixed and players need leniency.

2 Likes

Same here. Just opened the game for the first time today, disconnected from the start, cant rejoin. Suspended for 8 hours!

2 Likes

The day before my friend got me pulled out of the game when he rejoined the game but I got kicked and got an 8hr ban. Currently I got kicked out of the server and now I’m banned for the entire Season 1. I was planning to buy the BP too :frowning:

2 Likes

Edit: If you reading this and have this problem, please like the OG post. We need visibility for this problem!

I’m currently in the same situation. During the last 2 days, I’ve gotten disconnected three times before the game start and now “serving” an 1h competitive ban from Overwatch 2 due disconnect from a game before the game starts.

I think blizzard should do something about the “leaver” system, since i can’t really keep testing whatever i get disconnected or not, because I’m soon going to get banned for the season. I opened a ticket to appeal these penalties, but I’m afraid they won’t do anything unless i get permanently banned from this season.

This needs to be a bigger thing!! I’m literally logging off to play something else with my precious free time since I’m afraid I’m going to get permanently banned for season 1. :frowning:

2 Likes

Same issue here - I get disconnected from the server before I even see game intro screen and then as a result get banned from competitive. Currently waiting out a 1 hour ban. If I had the option to rejoin the game I certainly would but as soon as I can get access to the competitive queue I am banned.

I have a similar/same issue, expect it only happens in competitive, and on some occasions my router seems to have crashed.

On this third time it happened I got a 8 hour ban, and I could select the Rejoin option, but nothing happened. Selecting Rejoin just logs you out and it doesn’t let you back in unless the match is over, so that you could receive your awesome leaver status and suspension.

I have the same issue others have described.
Over the span of ~1 week, I received: 10 minute → 1 hour → 8 hours
I’d queue then leave for too long.
My fault. All understandable.
The next day:
I hear the “lobby found noise” and accidentally close my game due to a mis-click.
I launch OW2 again and I’m at the main menu in 15 seconds…
…Banned for Season 1…
That seems pretty overboard.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.