Competitive ranks broken (master post)

So if this is such an issue why are no high profile players suffering from this? Srs question, I just see a bunch of ppl thinking wins = I’m better and I should rank up, or I’m the best player in the lobby = I should rank up, and it’s not that cut and dry it’s a combo of those things

1 Like

Again… this isn’t about the rank. I’m not mad about being B5. The main issue for me is the ranking system’s opacity.
We have no idea what the conditions are to go up or down. I mean, I have no idea where I stand. I have no idea how I can rank up.
And to be honest, I don’t get the point of having an “update” every 7 wins or 20 loss if there’s no update at all. I mean, ok sure, maybe my hidden mmr is being updated but why can’t I see it ? Why is there no indications about my actual ranking. I’d be fine with having a real update only when my rank is actually going up or down.
The system as it is now is just very frustrating, and discouraging. That’s all.
Also, why are my friends are going up when I stay at the same rank ? We’re only playing together, winning and losing together etc. Why am I stuck at the same rank and they’re not ?
This isn’t just whinning, I’m just trying to understand.

2 Likes

Still bugged - I tried it just after the patch and despite getting PotG, I was moved up from Bronze 5 to Bronze 5. Still haven’t had 20 losses.

1 Like

Im having the same issue. I’ve won at least 3 sets of 7 wins in competitive. I’m still B5 (which is fine) but the stats says I’ve only won 2 games in competitive mode and that I never play support which isnt true at all.

1 Like

7 wins and 4 lose, i’m still p4. what shoud i do to rank up in this game???

1 Like

The new patch notes said:
“Resolved an issue where some players could be stuck in Bronze 5 even after several rank updates.”

I am still stuck in bronze 5 can someone fix my account I am sick of being stuck and not moving up ranks even though I always have good stats and playing with my teammates I feel like quitting since I haven’t ranked up for a month.

1 Like

Also works on Tank and Damage - levelled up both to Bronze 5 today.

Potentially related? My Dailys are on a 20 hour day? and Matches don’t count for challenges if they go over the Day Reset.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue as yall. But for me the bug happened when reaching platinum 4. Been there for the past 28 wins, even after genuinely improving and dominating every game.

1 Like

Seems I’m not the only one stuck on plat 4! Dps role here.

1 Like

I’ve met many GM-top 500 players already in my games stuck in plat-diamond saying that there are gold-plat players in the top elos, and they have no idea why or how they got there. Even they say it’s completely broken, so it’s definitely not just the lower ranks.

1 Like

I played several times with friends of mine in a group of 2, 3 and four as Gold III.
Suddenly, I wasn’t able to play with them, because I lost all my ranks without even playing (from one day to the other) and started as Bronze V.

When playing alone I’m still Gold III, but as soon as in a group of min. 2 I’m suddenly Bronze V.

My problem is not just not being able to play with them, but not being able to rank up because the guys I was playing with didn’t have the problem and are still gold something.
So kinda stuck as well

1 Like

i also do not rank up any higher as silver on one acc (was dia in OW1). last time i played i got demoted 1 rank after 7W and 1 or 2L. i sometimes feel really bad for the people in the opponents team but there’s nothing i can do to rank up. #smallindiecompany

1 Like

Stuck in silver-hell. Went from Bronze 4 or 5 to Silver 4 to Silver 4 to Silver 4 to Silver 2 to Silver 2 and then back to Silver 4 while putting up top healing in most matches. I am so tired of this BS I don’t think I will be playing comp anymore. Glad I haven’t wasted any money on this damn game.

1 Like

I’ve won 40 matches and my rank has not increased. I’m winning WAY more than I’m losing and my rank is just not moving from Gold 1. I grind all the way up to platinum 1 then all of a sudden it “increased my rank to gold 1” which gold is obviously lower, but it said it went up. After that it hasn’t moved and I genuinely think it’s glitched.

2 Likes

After the nov 15th patch, my rank started changing now (well, i de-ranked on a 7 win streak, but it’s something!). I think they fixed something.

1 Like

They said they fixed something despite not acknowledging it - but it’s not for everyone. I’m still in the ditch.

1 Like

i’ve witnessed on several occasions this weird behaviour:

plat rank (hard what rank i am really as the icons are redicously small on a 1080p screen) but i remember it being plat 3 or plat2

play seven wins (with a number or losses also, didn’t track - but def. on the positive side)

after the seventh win I watch the rank progression animation and it switches me to GOLD 5 before placing med in GOLD 1

so two things here:
a positive win percentage out of 7 games and I’m put 3 below!!
it makes me think I increased rank ALOT by first showing a low Gold rank and the advance me to Gold 1

seriously Blizzard… you need to fix this ranking system. it’s a disgrace.

1 Like

I appreciate you spending the time to compile these issues, this is definitely a great resource. And for anyone else lurking in this thread who is still experiencing these issues, I’d encourage you to read more about them in my thread as well: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put this thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. Any help in spreading the word about this thread would be greatly appreciated.

Did you guys solve this ? I just realised I am having this issue now. Stuck in bronze 5.

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply. Right now, it’s not really a bug. It’s that Bronze 5 has so many players in it, and you need to be better than 100% of them to climb out. Because of the original bug, many high elo players were wrongfully put in Bronze 5, and there are still a few climbing back out so it might just take a while. There isn’t a bug keeping people in Bronze 5. Comp is just set up like that, so it’s a complete hellhole down there.

1 Like