Competitive rank promotion progress confusion

Someone please help me out here but I just won my DPS game 6 to 3. During the Rink Progression Screen I gained 15% of ranked progress but I got a green Calibation and a red Expected but -2%. Please make this make sense, how much are these promotion progress are worth? I really miss the simple progress of SR in OverWatch ( in which this game need to invert back to since there’s no PVE anymore)

Funny you mention that because what’s happening here is the same as what was happening back then, you just couldn’t see it.

That’s because the entire point of SR was purely to show you numbers going up to keep you content, meanwhile your hidden MMR was your actual rank. But in OW2 they did away with SR because the players asked them to and this is the result.

It’s an idiotic system. Nobody should be punished for facing a team they didn’t assemble. Penalizing people for winning against a team they “should” beat, is absurd. I shouldn’t get less SR gain for something I don’t control.

What it really is, is a lazy company throwing together an arbitrary, convoluted system trying to disguise it as depth.

1 Like