Competitive Points are completely broken

Anyone else open OW2 and find 42,000 competitive points sitting pretty in their account? Like this removes the entire point of Gold Guns. Needs a fix ASAP. :skull::skull:

5 Likes

Same issue and I’ve read it in another post. I didn’t spend any of the CP that I didn’t earn in hopes of them getting deleted. I got around 58k CP instead of the calculated 6k.

3 Likes

Thankfully I only had an extra 1.3k of comp points which I figured was left over from my time playing on console.

1 Like

Some people have received comp points not concurrent with what they had in ow1 and some people also received 10000+ comp points I personally haven’t been affected by this bug but I’ve seen some people with screenshots

1 Like

Surplus amount of competitive points-
I play on pc and when the accounts merged (my console account to my pc), I still have the same amount of comp. points I had before OW2… though, when my console friends got onto Overwatch 2, they had roughly 20,000-30,000 comp. points. I know they didnt have anywhere near that amount, because they rarely play competitive.
This is honestly a serious issue in my opinion, because many people grind comp games hard to get the golden guns, while they just easily log in and get a surplus amount.
I believe this is a relatively common issue since OW2 came out… any thoughts?
Thank you!

4 Likes

I don’t understand why blizzard refuses to address this issue in the known issue section. Literally if they addressed a freaking genji skin why can’t they address this. Admit you f ed up and fix it

3 Likes

So, everyone is getting 10k-40k competitive points and I only have what I earned from playing. Please tell me this will be fixed or rolled back. It’s unfair that people are being handed all these points for doing nothing.

5 Likes

Yes we need more people talking about how unfair this is. Blizzard rn is pretending it doesn’t exist

2 Likes

Though most of the people receiving the “bonus points” aren’t going to openly say it’s an issue due to the fact that they’re getting free things from it. Who knows how many free comp points have been given out… and who knows if pc players are noticing this issue or not. (at least I believe console players are the only ones receiving the extra points)

1 Like

Is Blizzard actually going to revoke all the gold weapons people have been purchasing? I freaking hope so as it’s extremely unfair that those of us who didn’t get this bug are grinding out comp games to try get enough for just one while people are logging into OW2 for the first time and already buying up multiple gold weapons!!!

5 Likes