Competitive Mode Tier Distribution

Probably because the global numbers don’t change that much. I mean, we got a similar post at the start of season 4, and it was practically the same thing.

2 Likes

ARE THESE STATS FOR CONSOLE ALSO ?
Is this a general average or only for Pc users ? Its a same that overbuff dosent have this stats available.

6 Likes

Is this PC only or does it include console versions?

3 Likes

Thank you Jeff. Could this be a thing yous do every season?

1 Like

Thank you Jeff! These stats are amazing! Please do more!

Also I guess the whole theory on this community being “mostly bronze” or “mostly plat” has finally been put to rest. Numbers don’t lie, excellent job on the feedback - You spoil us! :smiley:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
#RevertMercy

2 Likes

Speaking of competitive play I think the smartest thing to do would be to base your rank for upcoming seasons on how well you actually play instead of your previous rank because I find it unbelievable that I’m a silver portrait stuck in gold/plat bc I can’t climb when people don’t understand what they’re doing and it might just be that my game play is just absolutely horrendous which is why I think it would be nice to have this added just so I can see where I truly belong because at this point I’m stuck in gold/plat bc I started playing comp as soon as I reached lvl 25 so there’s at least a little but of proof that the system for giving people their ranks isn’t really the best thing I’ve seen. This isn’t just about me but also my friends bc we’ve been suffering from a 3 day losing streak.

5 Likes

Whoa, I’m the rare 8%.
…I still hurts to say that :frowning:

2 Likes

There is literally up to .99% (repeating, of course) difference for each tier.

2 Likes

Thanks for the updated stats, Jeff! couple of quick questions:

1. Is this for active players (ie played in the last 30-60 days?), or for the entire population?
  2. What percentage of the active population actually plays comp vs just QP/Arcade?
3 Likes

Please Jeff,

Please tell us if/how much these statistics vary across different regions. I play in OCE and I feel like the distributions would differ here slightly.

1 Like

So why more than 70% of the competitive base still play with performance based sr ?

3 Likes

3% of 20+ million, is still 600 000.

2 Likes

Damn I am in the 3% of players. Feels nice to know that.

1 Like

For anyone who has ever even had a statistics 101, these numbers are literally worthless. If you are too afraid to publish any actually relevant information, might as well not post these 6 percentages because they are completly pointless without any more context. Active players only? Cheaters who were banned included/excluded? Entirely new accounts included, region based and so on. This is just another “feelgood” about my rank post to calm down diamond players.

8 Likes

feelsamazingman 1%. wow at the other percents.

Split that between region/MMR/ping/party-balancing and you start to realize why you see the same people. Just completely made up numbers, but let’s assume that above graphic is just PC.

• region: 25% (NA East coast)
  • MMR Bracket: 3%
  • ping: 30%
  • matches that fit your party at any given moment: 20%

at 600000 players with those kind of numbers gives you 270 possible people to group up with at any given moment. Obviously no clue what weight and distribution the matchmaker uses for different criteria. But the viable number of people to match up with shrinks rapidly the more constraints the matchmaker uses to find a ‘fair’ match.

6 Likes

Are there statistics or any other way to track how many of these top 1% are pro players too?

1 Like

Odd. This isn’t a bell curve like I expected. Hmm…

odd that a bronze player is rarer than a diamond player but ok.

5 Likes

That just sums up what I’ve been thinking about all the time. Also matchmaking is hard to handle with that limited amount of players in the top tiers. There’s just not everyone playing at the very same time like you do.

Thanks for sharing the information Jeff.

Best regards,