Competitive Matchmaking - "Applying Update"

When searching for a competitive match, instead of going into game when a match is found, it instead says “Applying Update”. After a long time, when I exit the game, I am suspended from comp for 15 minutes and lose rating.

Please retain rating and not apply leaver penalty here to my account. I (and definitely others) lose rating due to these kinds of technical issues.

80 Likes

Same thing happened to me

10 Likes

just got this exact thing

7 Likes

I had this happen to me just now, and was also suspended! Please also undo any rating change on my latest game Blizzard. This was a bug with the game client and not a leave of my own volition. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

happening to me right now

6 Likes

Not the same thing but I’m watching it happen to people. People won’t load into a comp game and 10 seconds before it starts they “leave” the game

5 Likes

Same happened to me, I did a quick record of it

gyazo .com/2e660f0917438b22ab985f1eb3f99a8e

5 Likes

the same thing literally just happened to me i got a 15 min suspention.

5 Likes

everyone’s having this issue right now, servers down probably

6 Likes

Same thing for me :slight_smile: suspended for 15min

5 Likes

I just got this as well. I’m not sure if it was a coincidence or not but it happened right after I finished my 7 wins on DPS.

5 Likes

Just had this exact same problem. I hope this doesn’t affect my rating, really disappointed

4 Likes

same here, lose + ban nice… annoying, give our sr back at least

3 Likes

blizzard doesn’t do that kind of thing. :roll_eyes:

this is extremely annoying we should at least get the sr back, i dont know if i wanna try and queue again after this one

5 Likes

i got the same problem, i don t want this bug to have an impact on my rank

3 Likes

Yes same happened to me. My 2 teammates got the same issue but fortunately for them they did not get suspended. I have fortunately been spared in the past. But happened to a few of my friends that the game will crash to them, and when they try to log back in they can’t re-enter the game and then they are suspended for 15 mins with rating loss.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t. I tried four times to get a game going and people would just “leave”

1 Like

Just happend to me too it was kinda sad because I felt like I want to play some OW today, I guess not :rofl:

2 Likes

Exactly the same thing that happened to me and my friend 10 min ago and we’re suspended for 15 min and have now a lose for nothing …

3 Likes