Competitive is Unfair

Fare is what you pay to ride the bus my guy…

Normally I disagree with pretty much all of your posts. However, in this case there is some truth to this.

“If you’re good you’ll climb” Mentally is true but toxic when you consider the reliance on some level of team play.

There needs to be at least 2 people (3 is better) legitimately working towards the same goal to secure the win.

Edit: which is why OTP-ing isnt as effective anymore in role queue.

Been there and done that, actually. I’ve had seasons with 1000+ SR swings to the good and bad before. I’m not pretending that the phenomena doesn’t exist.

I won’t even try to argue that it doesn’t suck or feel bad. I will only argue that it seems to work out over time for those that continue to play. I will also point out that the the matchmaking system isn’t built for people to climb, which is counterintuitive to some degree.

Happens to me every season. I’ve climbed 1000 SR and dropped more than 1000 SR. I’ve finished seasons 200-300 SR higher, and when I did placements was placed 500 SR lower than where I had finished the previous season. The ranking system is broken. Not to mention, it’s easily taken advantage of/manipulated by trolls/smurfs & players not playing in spirit of the game, sadly. Honestly though, I am at a point where I don’t even know what the true spirit of the game is even intended to be anymore.

I’d say the real problem is that Bliz rarely does anything to throwers. Be it trolls or smurfs, throwers ruin games for a lot of people so they can drop down. If Bliz actually took actions against at least the obvious throwers (IE people jumping off side of the map or continually suiciding against the opposing team without doing anything, hiding in spawn), the game wouldn’t be as bad as it is.

Did they though? Obviously we don’t know what happened during those loses but if they ended up with what they said for teammates like trolls, feeding etc. then you can’t really say they hit their skill cap.

Maybe he rose because there were throwers on the enemy team the whole time?

Good point too. Either way, this game can never truly know your skill cap because this game has tons of leavers, throwers, trolls, smurfs, hackers, etc.

3 Likes

You ever been in a game where there was a thrower on your team or the enemy team and -

everyone on throwers team: please report (whoever).

Winning team of bad sports: (whoever) is carrying your team shut up, get good, no you’re the thrower, etc.

1 Like