Competitive is Unfair

The fact that I climbed 700 sr this season through solo queue dps, always on fire and getting the first kills, then I hit a wall of losing 200 sr through teammates trolling, feeding, and leaving shows something…

6 Likes

You net a climb of 500 SR and complain?

Perhaps you need to drop the ego just a bit, and consider that you’re not having the same impact in the higher SR games at times. If you’re killing it as much as you claim, you’ll continue to climb if you keep playing. Crap teammates do happen (and sometimes in streaks), but if you keep kicking tail, you will climb in time. Just hang in there.

10 Likes

Yeah

It shows that you likely hit your skill cap and can’t keep up in those games

4 Likes

Yeah too bad that this game is team based huh.

Just group up to prevent this.
If even after that you can’t climb up then it’s just not an issue related to throwers / leavers

2 Likes

I’ll open you a secret. Teammates are always trolling, softthrowing, but at some point your personal impact is enough to climb anyway. Enemy teammates are trolling aswell, your task is to take advantage of those who’re trolling in enemy team, and cary your pepegas. Find the way.

3 Likes

Treat it as unfair and you will get more enjoyment out of it. Comp is just another arcade mode. Its a video game. Don’t lose perspective.

SR doesn’t stand for Skill Rating, it stands for Suck Resistance. How well can you withstand the suck? Embrace the suck if you want your SR to rise. Become one with the suck.

4 Likes

I climbed from 1300 to 2500 and 80% of games until gold were basically throw games.

4 Likes

LOL i climbed dps to diamond then lost like 10 games in a row on support and tank and still losing xd

sounds like you got a lucky winstreak and you’re getting to your deserved sr.

3 Likes

i have the oposite problem, i seem to be stuck in a very high sr that i dont deserve.

1 Like

if ur talking to me it wasnt a lucky winstreak. went from 2800 to 2950 to 2900 to 3000. took like 4 days of grinding. i forgot to mention this was on DPS.

gold people cant do anything i dont even know how i climbed out of it in the first place

1 Like

The best fix for this is you have got to find a team to work with, meaning hunt them down before you que for games and have a group ready, solo nowadays is just like throwing. You need a team that knows you and how you play before you click the que.

3 Likes

That’s not comp being unfair, that’s players being illegal language

2 Likes

This is dumb… this goes to show how many people think this is a solo player game. If the team is forcing a loss because of being stupid, its not a single players fault. Blizzard makes a game that REQUIRES teamwork to win, and people still want to force it to be solo player. Stop thinking that way, it ruins the game for the rest of us

1 Like

you’d think that, but try climbing 1k SR to lose 700 SR to a span of terrible teammates, then see how you feel…it’s demoralizing af busting your a$$ for no reward

1 Like

It’s the MMR system. It throws you with teammates who’ve been on losing streaks and falling down when you’re on a winning streak and heading up to your season high/record high. Of course, it doesn’t differentiate players who are throwing (IE people feeding other team/jumping off map in order to lose/never leaving spawn) from those who have just been having bad matches. Of course this is speculation based on personal accounts of players, as we cannot definitely prove this without the MMR formula that Blizzard uses.

@HighSpeed Honestly, this is something people keep ignoring. They somehow think this is like League of Legends, Smite, or even Counter Strike. They seem to believe that if you can’t solo beat a team of six other players, you don’t deserve to climb. It’s a team game. In order to brute force your way through a rank, you gotta be at least playing on a level of two ranks above that rank. For the rest of us who solo q, we’re stuck hoping our next team will work together and can play the game.

2 Likes

Ya, best option is LFG trial and error, then add the friendly and good teammates (which is about 2/10 you play with in lfg). A bunch of mercy mains trying to get carried like the gm mercys lol

Climbed 700 SR, lost 200.

Result +500 SR and complaining about unfair game. Are you kidding me?

1 Like

welcome to overwatch

1 Like

Consider the fact you went up almost two full ranks. Opponents are going to get harder and your positioning mistakes are going to get punished more. If you actually belong +700 you’ll get back there but in reality most people belong a couple hundred below their peak, not at it. So what probably happened is the matchmaker realized your stats weren’t where they belong for +700 and encouraged you to fall with bad teammates and harder opponents.

1 Like