Competitive is too unstable an experience

Go in group finder and make your own team . Give googly to the system .

Yes, I feel this pattern too.
It is funny, I sometimes have these games, where I win, because my team is just so good, that I may as well not be there. I donā€™t get much done myself, because everything moves so fast, and I might even be unlucky and die a few times.
My performance is measured as sub-par (I can see that from the SR I gain), and I just know, that now I will go on the down-slope - and it is usually true: The system sees me as not belonging at that level, and down I go. It feels like an elevator system ā€œok, now Im on the down-elevator, I wonder when I get off againā€.

It is hard to say exactly what goes on because of the opaqueness of the system (and Im sure they are tinkering it all the time), and I get different feelings at different times. I can definitely recognize your pattern.

When I get pushed into gold on Tracer, who I have mained almost since release, I will also be called a smurf, and I have actually received both warnings and bans, which I had to talk to Blizzard about to get lifted.

I just want reliable games. I donā€™t want to feel managed.

Little issue there, my friend. You can have either random games without being managed, or reliable games and be managed. Sorry, but thatā€™s how reality works.
You can type blogposts all day, but facts donā€™t change.

Yeah this is the reason why I quit competitive back in S5 even though Iā€™m very passionate about competitive gameplay. Back then Iā€™d at least play the placement games and was able to easily climb to 3300SR with just them and just some random games. However the last 2 seasons (S4, S5) placement games were almost completely ruined by toxic players. I lost several games to GM smurfs in premades and just plain throwers. The most disgusting player Iā€™ve seen was this diamond Genji OTP who did nothing but feed and int to the team for the whole 3 rounds of Lijang tower that we had to struggle through. The Genji kept going into the enemy backline 1v3 and feeding constantly and then blamed the team for not having tanks/healers to support him when we already had 2 great DPS, 1 main tank and 2 healers that weā€™re doing an amazing job keeping the game playable despite this one waste of human life

After having those miserable competitive experiences it super tilted me because I was losing +150SR due to something I couldnā€™t even effect in any possible way even though I was still lower SR than where I belonged. I vouched not to touch the competitive before theyā€™d address smurfing properly and introduced much harsher punishment for players who plain throw the games and here we are: havenā€™t still played competitive after S5 and on the verge of quitting the game completely after 800+ hrs on the game :slight_smile: