Competitive is broken

I haven’t played Overwatch 2 since the end of Season 2, I came back for Season 10 and I couldn’t help but notice that Competitive feels off.

More often than not, I get pit against players who seem way better than my own team.

Most of my won matches are from players in the opposite team suddenly disconnecting despite their team winning?

I don’t know if I’m getting such bad matchmakings because I didn’t buy the Battle Pass, I’ll be honest, that’s something I would expect from Activision-Blizzard.

Can somebody help me understand what’s happening?

1 Like

I dunno, but the ghost of Kaplan is out there somewhere blaming you and citing dunning-kruger.

The problem with this mentality is that it suggests two different things.

1. The system works fine, you’re where you should be
  2. You’re struggling because you’re not as good as you think you are

In reality if the system worked, each game would be challenging, but shouldn’t feel hopeless.

2 Likes

I never said I was very skilled player, I’m just pointing out a very real issue with the Competitive matchmaking.

I don’t know what else I expected from Blizzard’s sycophants.

1 Like

His response is agreeing that the matchmaker is broken, which it is. Somewhere in the system it’s using some algorithms that determine how good or bad a player is and it’s off, WAY off. Unfortunately the dev team is apathetic and ironically are experiencing dunning kruger themselves where they believe they are better at programming than what they really are.

3 Likes

It seems to be broken since S3 for me at least.