Competitive Disconnecting Bug

TLDR; Game froze my system, game dc’d, could not reconnect and lost SR as result.

So I was playing some games of competitive overwatch with my friend Moe and in the middle of a match I got disconnected after my game froze for about 15 seconds, effectively freezing my entire system for some strange reason, then I got disconnected. I tried rejoining but the “rejoin match” button did not work for me. After restarting the game and trying again it still did not work, I even have video evidence for those wondering. I just want this bug to be fixed as I have had enough from previous experienced as well, and I also want a games worth of SR re-given to me as I believe this was extremely unfair. I also feel as this isn’t an anomaly of an event and others might have very well experienced this as well, so lets discuss in the comments/thread.

This sounds like either a disruption in your internet connection or a system freezing issue. And since it sounds like it happened at the start of the match, the match was cancelled and you are penalized appropriately. Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Disconnection troubleshooting:

System lockups and crashes troubleshooting: