Competitive Deathmatch

Ranking up in deathmatch just doesnt work. I go 5-0 every game while coming first most of the time and the game refuses to put me past diamond 3. Just take a look at the leaderboard and you can see there is some issue with the ranked system in this mode.

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Here’s a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Competitive Deathmatch. Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads regarding these issues.

Comp deathmatch’s matchmaking and rank system is a dumpster full of old diapers on fire.

I was ranked into gold 1 and in 4 games in a row since have gotten all Diamond, Masters, GM, and even a few top 500 players. Riddle me that?

2 Likes

that is one hell of a thread

1 Like

Funnily enough, that is fairly normal. Currently, there’s a bug with the rank adjustment system in Competitive Deathmatch that greatly overly prioritizes losses and prevents players from climbing ranks, with the vast majority of players having a soft limit at Masters 5. This is even for players who are consistently GM+ in Role Queue, which would explain how a Gold player gets matched with Diamonds as these players are supposed to be ranked much higher if not for the bug.

One hell of a thread for one hell of a buggy game. The worst part is that despite how long it is, its not even a complete list for reasons I explain in the thread too…

yeah its weird, i saw some na players masters 4 but personally I am 69-0 and I dont rank up even when I come first place 5 games in a row its odd asf

1 Like

Agreed, almost all 150 players currently in the Top 500 leaderboard for NA PC servers are Grandmaster and Masters. Some have upwards of 300 games played so far, and yet, Rank 1 is only Masters 4. There is undoubtedly a bug with the rank adjustment system for Competitive Deathmatch.

1 Like