Competitive ban is ridiculous

Rocket league doesn’t have competitive backfill, not sure about the other games but from what i’ve seen… many players hated it.

You can’t just compare games, skill systems and so on are much different.
Adding in backfill would mean revamping the way MMR is calculated and could bring some issues to the table.

Imagine being backfilled into a competitive match without any control over it, i’d hate that.

1 Like

Because most people don’t want to play as backfill in comp.
Punish the leaver not the person who is queuing up.

1 Like

Sucks that your connection is causing problems but if you’re regularly having to leave messages, it’s regularly disrupted games for your teammates. Even if you’re rejoining, it’s probably causing a lot of those games to be automatic losses. It’s unfortunate but your solution is that basically other people should have to deal with your technical issues instead of just you.

1 Like

That is kinda true, the whole Rejoin option has been acting up.

Last month I think, me and one other player (that I wasn’t in a duo with) got kicked out during the match at the exact same time. My internet was fine. Got the 15min time out and no option to rejoin.

Ok, like what?

Once in a blue moon…

People should be hard-wired (ethernet) if they’re playing comp. If their wi-fi is being spotty, they shouldn’t queue at that time.

Controllers have at least a 5 hour charge in my experience, this isn’t acceptable. Plus the controller can be used while charging

Look, we all have things that happen that are more important than an online game pop-up on occasion but I assume this relates more to teenagers still living with parents (told to get off computer) or parents with children (need to immediately attend to their child).

Ultimately, comp games go for 10-25ish mins. If someone’s Internet is unreliable or they can’t commit that time, then don’t queue for comp. Simple :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Competitive, as the name states, is for a more competitive experience. You are playing as part of a team, to win, and most people are actively trying to climb. It’s the same argument of a non professional “put your favorite sport here” player just leaving the field for whatever reason because after all he’s not being paid. A team of people are relying on you and if you aren’t reliable, you are being banned (in this case from the team).
When it comes to “out of my control” situation, this is a once in a good while scenario, which causes a small time penalty (in which case you can use the time to solve whatever is the situation). If you are banned from a season you did it many times, so it was not really out of your control. If they don’t have access to a stable connection, then they should not be selfish and think about the other players.
Now on backfill, if you join a game in backfill in a comp game, it’s not just enter and go. They need the extra time to access their team comp, enemy comp, if they are winning or losing. That if the game isn’t already in it’s last 5 seconds, which is why almost every player don’t like the backfill system, even for QP.