Competitive ban is ridiculous

I guess i’m done playing overwatch at this point. Thanks to spectrum internet’s amazing internet reliability, i’ve been suspended to the point of a ban this season. What I would like to know is why there’s even a process to appeal when " No matter what the account action was applied for (in many cases it’s either behavior that constitutes as a violation or technical issues that result in frequent disconnects), we as a department do not go in and adjust these penalties or overturn them in any way.".
It would be one thing if i had made no attempt to rejoin and complete these matches, but a majority of these attempts would end in the client being unable to let me rejoin the match. Even if i was able to rejoin and finish the entirety of the match, i get a suspension for a loss. I’ve been playing this game since release and this is the second time i’ve had a competitive ban due to bad internet and you would think there would be an appeal process for… oh wait. It’s useless. I’m done commiting time to game thats just going to screw me over because of its dumb policies.

1 Like

Gotta love spectru. Can’t tell how many times I’ve been kicked from 2k.

1 Like

If you’re trying to play competitive when you know your internet is acting up, it’s not really Blizzard’s fault.

8 Likes

Thats a given. But it is their fault when it doesnt allow me to rejoin a game when my connection has recovered. And it’s their choice to not lift the ban or give any sort of consideration to that possibility. They have thousands of other players so why would they care about my continued support of the company.

2 Likes

If you got banned for the season it didn’t happen once or twice. Happened multiple times.
If you repeatedly insisted on playing comp when you knew the risk of it happening, then:

"Why am I still penalized when I rejoin some games?

There are two different reasons for this, excessive disconnections, or disconnecting for too long. You can reconnect at any point during a match you have left as long as you don’t have a leaver penalty. However, spending too much time outside of the game still puts your team at a disadvantage, and there’s a risk that others will leave in your absence. If you disconnect during a competitive match, try to reconnect as quickly as possible and finish the match.
Similarly, disconnecting multiple times in one competitive match may trigger penalties. If you have these problems regularly, you should troubleshoot the problem to avoid penalties."

You have willingly decided to put your team on disadvantage multiple times. Even the cases where you would be able to rejoin the game (which you probably didn’t because it took you too long) the penalty would be applied nonetheless, so you would still be banned.
Again, it’s not Blizzard’s fault. If you know your internet is not good at that moment, solve it first and play comp later.

5 Likes

Im just waiting for AT&T availability when i move away, because they disconnections always end up coming back after the cable guy comes.

Why even penalize in the first place? You’re not playing for money. Just gold guns. Seems a bit petty to me, why not just pick up another player like in non-comp? Maybe I don’t take the gold guns serious enough. I mean, Im just a Gen X who obviously doesn’t now about how feelings work… Thank god.

1 Like

Well, its not always the players fault either. Maybe they can’t afford good internet or it is not available in their area. Bottom line other players do not benefit from this rule as well as blizzard.

3 years later………………….

3 Likes

Better late than never lol!

In my opinion I feel the penalty is too soft actually. Some people actually care to play comp and get ranked. And in a mode where SR loss is based partially on wins/loss. It’s annoying having someone throw a game by leaving which almost all but guarantees a lost. If he knows his wifi is terrible, than he shouldn’t be playing comp if he knows this is something that keeps happening. I do recommend they give other options to give gold guns though. So people don’t feel forced to play comp.

3 Likes

Gotta agree Retro. I do feel there are more variables against a player though than for them. Example, power goes out, smitty internet, controller dies, kid falls down a well or maybe even a river. I can agree with the internet argument. But there are things that are out of peoples control. P.S. Glad we got this going again lol.

2 Likes

You should be banned if you dc & can’t get back on.

Why should the other 5 people be punished because of you?

It’s not there fault they should get a lose because YOU d/c or quit.

If you know you have bad internet, don’t q for comp.

Yah, I feel like if someone manage to play 10 games without getting disconnected they’ve very likely solved their problem (maybe they’ve waited til their connection is more stable, or maybe they’ve finally sealed that well which their braindead kid seem to fall down över and över again).

Being out of the match will still have impact on your team, what… do we expect to let them off without any punishment?

Hell, user is even aware of their bad internet yet they decide to keep playing.
Punishment we have right now seems fine since making it less severe would just end up with abuse of the system.

Do note that competitive bans reset overtime, so it can take many disconnects before you even reach a season ban.

I just find it odd that they can’t pull someone who is waiting in que. Other games do it all the time w/ no penalty.

1 Like

Which games for example?

1 Like

Call of Duty, Rocket League, Ghost Recon, War Craft, League of Legends, Hearth Stone, Battlefield, etc.

Necro-Omicron

1 Like

They can, but players get upset if the backfill is better and wins the match. Poor sports, if you ask me. They don’t want a fair round, they want an easy win. God forbid they ever see the “defeat” screen.

1 Like