Competitive Ban Bug

I just got banned and I was never even disconnected from any game. I tried to queue and when a game was found there was server error, it never connected and kicked me back to home screen. Then I tried to queue again but I had a 15 minute suspension. After the suspension I played a few games with no issues, no disconnects, but today I was banned for the remainder of the season.
Besides that unsuccessful queue I’ve never left a competitive game and I don’t have any connection issues.

Edit I got this update on my ticket:
A Game Master resolved your ticket, and left the following response:

Hello there!

Thank you for getting in touch regarding your issue with a competitive ban in Overwatch 2, my name is Saylenciar and I’ve been taking a look into this for you.

First of all, I want to say thank you for waiting. Nowadays we are receiving a lot of requests plus international situation impacts services worldwide, but we are trying to get back to solve them as fast as just possible!

I am sorry to hear about this situation: (

As you may know, Customer Service does not have the ability to remove competitive penalties. However, I would encourage you to check out the post on our official forum regarding the issue we had on 23nd of April - Regarding Competitive Leaver Penalties in Season 10 . If that is what happened, developers may remove the penalty from your account in the upcoming week. If it is not your case and you received a penalty for other reasons, I am afraid that we will not be able to assist in removing the ban.

3 Likes

Same happened to me and my team

2 Likes

same for me and my friend we went to play but whe are ban

1 Like

Me too exactlly. no reason given. No known disconnection.

I don’t have this problem but im curious did you guys all get banned at the same time?

1 Like

yeah happened to me and my team

I tried to queue and when a game was found there we waited for 4 minutes then desided to close back to home screen
we tried to queue again but we had a 15 minute suspension

1 Like

Yeah peobraly there was a uppdate

1 Like

It was when they actually applied the update to the servers.

I was playing with my team and we had to restart game for the update. So we do. Nothing new is there. Play 3-4 games and then the update actually comes out with the new game mode and such. We’re queuing for 10 mins and then notice we all got a 15min suspension. Which is for leaving 2-3 games if I’m not mistaken, not 1 which we didn’t even get put into a game let alone 2/3. Then we wait it out and play for a few hours after.

Next day we all have a season ban. And so do so many people and so many others with the exact same story. 3/4 days later no update following their first post about how they know it’s there and trying to do something. One of the biggest game studios in the world by the way.

1 Like

This ist himuliating. To get suspend without broken regulation. Very sad.

1 Like

yeah and the ban still hasn’t been lifted for a lot of accounts

Has the ban been lifted for some people then?

Same happened to me impossible to play ranking mode

u guys are getting banned from only playing comp right? i had the same thing happen and iv been banned from logging in it just says account suspended. anyone else got the same thing as me. (i’m positive i didn’t break any rules)

yeah from some other posts I’ve seen a lot of bans have been lifted