Comp'd with and against diamonds? I am SILVER

At least 3 times. If you’re silver were you able to count how many times you were in a lobby with diamond?

I’m diamond and have been put with and against golds and silvers. It’s role based matchmaking now. So if you have a diamond DPS for example, the enemy should too. It’s broken yes, but on average it’s probably less broken than the old group average system, where a diamond support on one side would be expected to counter a diamond tank on the other.

Ideally of course all players on both teams should all be the same rank. But I suspect low player numbers and the matchmaker preferring short queues over match quality prevents that.

1 Like

except that doesnt happen. DPS hard diffed recently in comp where I play with friend we go Tank/Support. We are going 15-1 and the DPS is under performing. Dying over and over, staggering in. Its a nightmare. Last match they wouldnt even follow me to the point and the enemy team didnt even have flankers. they were just scared. Or throwing. One brig was for sure throwing.

Yep. I see the same. Not as often as before though. I expect its down to MMR being all over the place from 2 seasons of group average matches. People being carried or going on loss streaks and ending up at skill ratings they shouldn’t be.

Also, as noted, this role matching is only a goal. If queue times are too long I suspect that it will fall back on group average rather than wait longer for a match. As a support this sucks as it means your match quality is dictated by tank and DPS queue times.

Diamond on the role they played, or diamond elsewhere.

This.

The main problem is that, even if the roles are matched (thank god they did that at least), the difference between ranks is ridiculous. It all comes basically to a race in which whoever can make the lower ranked player on the enemy team explode faster, wins the match.

GGs

1 Like

Cause your Rank doesn’t matter for matchmaking. The matchmaking system just looks at your winrate. The rank displayed and MMR are 2 differents numbers and not necessarily equals.

You can’t see/know your MMR.

Yeah except it isn’t working because everyone’s MMR is all over the place.

I had a game on Sunday. I’m Plat 3 on tank, we had 2 silver dps and the enemy team had a Plat 1 dps. I dont know what their other dps was but he was pretty terrible.

Needles to say our silver dps couldn’t handle a PharaMercy duo and solo fed over and over.

It’s just an insta-loss, especially on KoTH.

I don’t care if I have to wait 10mins but give me a fair match.

Bruh I have many games that I got gold the first game, and then next game there are T500 GM in each team. (I’m barely Diamond myself on all roles)

Yep great sbmm :rofl:

Plat4 here. And one game I got 2 masters opponents. Seriously. We had no chance. Got rolled.

So the matching within 2 roles no longer exists? I would think they’d make the change they already made while keeping the limit between role diferences.