Comp point levels to get Jade? What do they mean by levels?

You need 3000 points to get Jade. What do they mean by completing 30 levels?

This was originally written by Kaedi.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/regarding-season-caps-for-competitive-points-bonuses/888708

There was a competitive points-earning progression bar where you get a bonus of 100 after filling the bar. Based on their post it sounded like we would still get the progression bar, but it’s totally gone.

Now it would take 300 wins for someone to earn a jade weapon. Why couldn’t they take away earning points with losses but keep the bonus progression bar? Makes zero sense and I’m pretty annoyed about it tbh.

it makes total sense, and they explained it.

The quality of comp matches is generally worse than the quality of quick play matches at my rank which is low because I am very new.

Taking away a perpetual incentive for people that just want to be in there for cosmetics is a great idea.

on top of that they should absolutely keep those shaders fairly rare.

I understand wanting to remove bonus points just for playing and I agree with that. The progression bar could have stayed as a bonus only for wins.

As for saying the shades should be rarer, they already will be. Gold weapons have been around since 2016. The competitive points earned during the Jade period rollover into points for gold weapons at the end of the year. I assume it will be a 1:1 conversion rate. And if that’s the case, then we should get 25 points per win like we used to. We are currently earning them slower than ever.

If I understand it correctly, you can get the ‘bonus’ 100 comp points a total of 30 times, as well as comp points for wins and draws.

After that, (your 30th set of bonus comp points), you will only earn comp games from the win and draw matches.

Looks like I was experiencing some kind of bug, as the progression meter was missing yesterday but is there now

1 Like