Comp leaver issue

What is the reasoning behind not having some sort of autofill for competitive when a person leaves? They could make it so the person who fills does not suffer a loss of sr or somethin?

What if leaver wants back? He could just lost connection.

Player backfills into a game
“Do what I say or I’m throwing. I don’t care cause I won’t lose SR.”

Regular player backfills into a game with less then 2 minutes to make a impact. Proceeds to que back wasting several minutes because player backfilled into a game at a disadvantage. (generally leading to a loss)

Make backfillers lose sr and imagine backfilling right into a defeat screen and losing sr for no reason. Even if they lose 1-5 sr, these can add up and the community would go ballistic either way. (Spent 30 minutes in que to backfill and lose instantly as well as 1 sr thx)

And as the user above me mentioned. Disconnected for 5 seconds only to be replaced and being unable to rejoin.

1 Like

“Let’s bully this player out of this game so we get a replacement!”
D;

1 Like

I dunno how having someone fill is worse than a 5 v 6 game. It’s already ruined, adding someone would only make it better.

A tank could fill feeding enemy ult charge.
A dps could fill and go mei to wall off the team.
A support could just not heal.

People weren’t too happy about backfill when it came to qp (mostly the people backfilling into a defeat screen). Are you okay with backfilling into a game that ends in less than a minute?

Idk about you but I see more negatives than positives.

1 Like

Backfilling in competitive is unfair for the person who backfills

We see this in Quickplay where someone can join as late as the Defeat screen. When a competitive match is created that’s the match. No alteration in terms of changing the person mid game is going to happen. It will cause a mess.

There should be better things other then backfill to cover the person who leaves the match.

I’ve long said they need to add backfill to Competitive.

It’s in other game modes, just not in (arguably) the most important mode.

It would completely resolve the problem of leavers.

Make it an opt-in thing, since not everyone would want to backfill. I absolutely would without a second thought since I’ve been on the losing end of 5v6, 4v6 and worse too many times.

Glad somebody agrees with me on here, sometimes it feels like I am in bizarro world where everything people say on here is the opposite of what makes sense to me.

1 Like

How about giving the backfilling player an incentive? The player can’t lose SR with a loss but can gain SR with a win?

Now some might think that will only give throwers a free pass, but at that point it can’t hurt. The team is already down a player so does it really matter?

how about ignoring that kind of stupidity?

if you leave because you get bullied… then you should throw away your computer… this is the damn internet!

That’d be super, ofc, but everyone is wired differently. Some people wouldn’t care if a five-stack constantly bullied them during a game, while others would be affected even after muting them. It is what it is.

Maybe the bullies should throw away their computer? I mean, this is the damn internet, and they’re interacting with hum0ns for gosh sake!

The idea of backfilling from the competitive queue is ridiculous, as others have said. Ideally, a way to allow quick players to be queued into a competitive backfill would be created, with some changes to the usual rules:

-Quick play player is chosen based on their quick play MMR and queued role, as they likely aren’t planning to tryhard.
-Quick play player receives double exp at game completion.
-Quick play player can be kicked back out if the leaver returns, at which point they are still awarded exp and put at the front of their chosen queue without the ability to be put in a second comp game.
-Backfilling into a comp game and then winning grants a large cosmetic bonus(1-2 lootboxes, some competitive points)
-100% need a way to disable it, so players who do not want to deal with comp under any circumstances are not forced to. Maybe a prompt like the join party prompt that asks if you are currently willing to fill a competitive game and defaults to no.

There are already plenty of people queued and ready to grab in most ranks. Just use them. The worst they can do is troll and feed ult, but a comp player could do that too.

That incentive is too good for both sides in my opinion but hey if they implement it, nothing I can do. On one end players finally get your 6v6, sometimes snagging a smurf or amazing player that changes the tides to a win.

On another end, this can incentivize players to do whatever they want. Sure some can try but others can throw or just decide to learn heroes due to no sr loss. If they happen to win with it great they just got free sr. Now what happens when the backfiller leaves, is said player locked to stay in the game unless player takes an sr loss?

Another issue is people see it from a 5v6 perspective a lot. How about putting yourself in the shoes of the backfiller (if it was to be implemented). How do you feel when you backfill into a losing game? Did you think it was a waste of time or was it an experience? I foresee that players with long ques would be frustrated in backfilling into games that are 90% over and playing less than 2 minutes before heading straight back into que. This now requires to mess with developing a priority que which will make things messy af.