Comp bug/server DC

Playing comp and I got dc’ed (as well as another person from my team and also an enemy supposedly) but i was able to make it back to the match and win. Blizzard gave me an auto loss on my statistics. That’s not right. If I hadn’t reconnected then sure maybe but you cant just add losses to our stats because Blizzard fails to keep their own servers in check. That’s absolutely asinine. Additionally there have been an oddly large number of DC’s lately for not only me but what seems like a large portion of the community.

1 Like

I am having a lot of issues with dcing and it is frustrating. It is messing with my stats, endorsement level, etc. I unistalled and reinstalled. My internet is perfect too.

1 Like

I fell you there. Its quite the nuisance.

1 Like

People keep blaming it on my internet but I see that it isn’t only me with this issue. They need to send another update out clearly or I will stop playing until they fix it. Simple as that. As much as I enjoy the game I can’t deal with this.

I would assume its not your internet because multiple users across multiple ISP’s are having very similar issues as far as im aware.

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Remember if you see the message, “Lost Connection to the Server” in the title screen or the message “Failed to Connect to Server” in yellow text in the text chat box, this means there is something that disrupted your connection to the game server and not a problem with the game server itself. There can be a variety of reasons this happens including those that don’t disconnect your computer from the Internet. There is great troubleshooting to start with that can most likely resolve most issues and I encourage you to check them out here:

As always if nothing in that guide works, please start a new topic in the technical support forums saying you completed these steps and additional advice can be provided.

Nah I don’t think so. If that were true then the other people at my house would have DC’ed from Overwatch at the same time. It’s 100% your servers and Not my 1GB fiber. I’ve done everything i can possibly due to remedy the error (including many more steps that you dont have included in the Disconnections problem post) and have isolated the issue to be outside of my control. Additionally 3 people in different locations DCing from the same game at the exact same time with no relation to each other (other than being in the same game) makes your argument seemingly invalid. My partner was watching me Be DC’ed while still playing in the same room as me. Blizzards canned responses and lack of accountability is actually outrageous.

1 Like

Exactly. I’m located in Sweden and my friend is located in Spain. We are both having the same issues. To add to that–my family members playing overwatch on the same internet don’t have issues. So you’re correct. It doesn’t add up and they need to find a solution or correction before more people get frustrated.