Community Update - 2022 in-game events (retail)

He wasn’t vague nor does he need to clarify. You’re reading too deeply into it in the hopes that he’s being vague. Andy has never misled us or been vague. His statement is crystal clear.

1 Like

Thank god! I really don’t think bringing back the pink mercy skin would be a good idea. This was for a specific charity event and should stay that way. I bought that skin because it was for a charity I support a lot, and the skin was a very nice extra on top. Instead of bringing back this skin, another charity event with a new skin would be bomb!

“We have no plans to bring back the Pink Mercy skin or icons” is as clear as it gets as far as PR communication goes.

“Hey bro, are you going to the movies tonight ?” “I don’t have any plans to go to the movies” - it’s a gentle, PR-friendly way that says it’s nowhere in my plans for now or the future or at all whatsoever, without using rough, absolute concrete statements to make it sound like I don’t want to go or give an incorrect impression that I don’t want to go, or even wrongly insinuate that I “maybe would like to go but I can’t”, etc.

It says exactly what it needs to say without pinning any side to any commitment or insinuations - that it’s not on my mind whatsoever to go to the movies, end of story.

1 Like

That’s all very well and good but do we remember the last time they said they had no plans for a thing and later it became a thing because enough players voiced their demand for it?

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

That’s not the Overwatch team though.

It’s not but your post was about PR talk in general…

If there’s a sufficient demand for something then none of that talk matters at the end of the day and Diablo immortal is a very clear illustration of that fact…

:wink:

1 Like

To go further rather than my blanket response, I don’t even know what your link is about exactly anyways, I just know what was said for Pink Mercy and it’s going on what, five years since Pink Mercy was sold?

:man_shrugging:t5:

Exactly, all the more reason to bring it back!

Enough time has passed that those who purchased it originally got what I would consider to be a very good deal given they had five years of “early access“ which is much more than a lot of us got for other skins…

:pleading_face:

4 Likes

That was a different game bro.+ they said “we have no plans to bring back the Pink Mercy skin or icons” they doesn’t say ~we have no plans for do another charity event~
So they will make a new skin, NO bring back the Pink Mercy.

I’m just going to quote you here…

It’s supposed to be anyway isn’t it?

:thinking:

3 Likes

you compared a game to be made for PC, not about the in-game products.
So yep I’m sure she is not coming back.

1 Like

The statement they made was for OW1…

= different game…

At least according to how OW2 is marketed to us…

:wink:

2 Likes