Community Update - 2022 in-game events (retail)

Will the All-Star Skins Vault open this year, despite forgoing Archives & Summer Game events?

29 days later
19 days later
:eyes:

I didn’t realize I’d already posted, my scroll hadn’t gone all the way down… haha :sweat_smile:

I thought you were just being consistent by asking. I admire the dedication.

2 Likes

Haha. Well, it’s definitely still on my mind…! :heartpulse: Fingers crossed! :grin:

2 Likes

If you’d like some added context, I gave a fairly detailed response in a recent post asking about the MVP/Championship Vault that came before the All Star Vault last year.

TL;DR - If the trends are similar to last year, we could expect the MVP Vault to open back up as the Remix Vol 3 event ends, and the All Star Vault to open in late October, and ending shortly after the 2022 OWL Grand Finals.

1 Like

Oh, that’s so exciting! Thank you so much for the insight!

Here’s hoping it happens!

Fr man, it’s so irritating that we can’t get a straight answer as to why not.

3 Likes

TWO MONTHS LATER.
20 characters

Ikr! Like how hard can it be to actually bring them back?? I just don’t get it?? And to also get no answers to why?? Pathetic :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

We want the pink mercy skin back!>:c

3 Likes

Will the cyber demon genji skin return?

1 Like

I’ve been waiting since 2018 for the Pink Mercy to return. I’ve been a good person, I pray every time to Jeff Kaplan when I see the skin in my games but are still out of luck of it returning. Has Blizzard changed their plans of bringing back the Pink Mercy skin yet? I think a lot of people wouldn’t have an issue if the skin price increased to $19 like other skins if that’s the issue?

3 Likes

I feel you, hopefully the pink mercy skin does return. Waiting years for a skin to return shouldn’t be the norm. If it can’t be returned then make a red mercy skin with the same attire as the pink mercy. Do you agree?

A red version of the skin would also look great but pink is what made it so distinguishable and I think it suits a BCRF collaboration a little bit better in my opinion.

I don’t think the Cyber Demon skin will return since it’s a BP skin and in majority of games with BPs the skins don’t return but you never know. Personally I have no issue with skins returning and I’m not a fan of skins being exclusive to something that will never return. In Fortnite, some BP skins has had recolors that has been available in the shop in the future so I think that would be more likely. Esecially now when the skin prices are as astronomical, making a new variant of it and selling it for $19 I think would give Blizzard even more bad publicity since people will compare it to the BP and say that they spen’t half the price while getting a ton of other cosmetics when buying it.

I think it would be great if the BP skins would be available again in store rotations for people who missed out on them.

2 Likes

I’ve said this in a few other related topics, but I think the best color variant would be lavender, as the color represents cancer, in general, and acts as a decent “remix” color for the style of the skin.

I could see old mythics reintroduced later as recolors, with the initial colorways being locked to those who unlocked it during the season it was available. And if people are buying legendary skins for $19+, then the recolored mythic could fall in that same price point. I’d partially expect that those who earned it when it was available would get the new colors added to their skin for free or like 100 coins each.

2 Likes

That’s a better solution for the genji mythic skin and it’s the most preferable. Just give original users who purchased the battle pass their own exclusive colors. Just like what happened to skull trooper in fortnite. Original players had a extra purple variant option, while the people who were new to buying skill trooper didn’t have the purple version.

1 Like

Too much red in this game already, if they’re gonna re-colour it, then something closer to pink would be better, like coral or lavender.

2 Likes

Can you clarify this statement Andy?

No plans to bring it back “ever” or no plans just for the event?

1 Like

The vagueness in Andy’s statement is so irritating. Either say that BCF doesn’t want anything to do with Blizzard or the other way around!?