Community Suggestions List for Doomfist

Dominate is a very generous word, I mean it’s much easier to dominate with Genji or Tracer but nothing is being done about them. I would say pro players can excel at him, but dominate isn’t really accurate.

I’m not sure what everyone is afraid of with Doomfist buffs, he’s never been overpowered. Even when he was launched people just knee jerk reacted before realizing he was the most countered hero in the game. Now he hardly puts out enough damage to warrant his play style and his survivability makes you, at best, a hit and run character.

There’s no half measure here, Doomfist needs buffs and a marginal reduction to his hand cannon reload means next to nothing with the character.

EDIT: Now we here they’re going to buff Mei again and Reaper, both needed sure, but what about friggin DOOMFIST? You said you were going to focus on him and all you did was touch his gun?? Cmon!

3 Likes

lol looks like I have a lot to read and respond to :slight_smile:

I really like the 1 sec cooldown reduction on miss. This will help improve his survivability and consistency and mobility while keeping his offensive strength the same.

Also would really help to speed up his bullet travel. It just feels really slow. This eill increase his consistency in dmg for lower ra ks but not so much for people already good at landiing his shots. In other words it makes him a little more beginner friendly

Also i think he should have a slight stun on his slam or rocket punch like brigitte so that he can be able to interupt ults and stop tracers mor

4 Likes

Same with every other character in the game. This argument is stupid.

So what if 3 people in the top 1% of players can make a sh@t character “pretty good” character in the top 1%? What about Widowmaker? Crap in low-mid tier and scary at high tiers. Does that make her OP?

So what if the top 1% of players can make a character extremely strong, that means literally nothing to the other 99% and that character should be balanced around the 99%

Anyway if you can play Doomfist at a GM level, you can play any other DPS at a much better level

6 Likes

Exactly

And even still ive seen plenty of games of the #1 doomfist have terrible rounds and you could just see all of doomfists problems even in the hands of the literal best

5 Likes

Agreed, if an edge case / exception is used to define the rules/boundaries of a system you just end up with skewed and inaccurate results.

If 1 out of 1,000,000 kittens just randomly explode, it does not mean that all kittens are bombs.

also

yay minor bug fixes! Will Doomfist be more predicable now?

6 Likes

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@k.

Well now I know why I could miss a roadhog at point blank range.
Example: /youtube.com/watch?v=ZM6I1aM9VCA

4 Likes

We’ll see, but I’m glad they addressed it a bit. I assume they’ll buff him after the next patch

1 Like

Here you go friend, i hope you can learn from him.

https://clips.twitch.tv/TangentialHealthyJamPupper

He talks a bit more after the clip ends, you can watch it too. Cheers!

3 Likes

That clip does just sum up Doomfist. Sure he can be powerful, but the amount of bugs that weigh him down makes him so inconsistent. You don’t half the time if you’ve actually missed or by some stupid bug you missed. Stack that with his kit is ‘underpowed’ It makes Doomfist not fun to play and even harder to learn.

3 Likes

No to all of this, just ridiculous.

I’ll add them shortly :slight_smile: sorry for the delay

1 Like

https://clips.twitch.tv/CloudyDeterminedBadgerTheThing

Not really a bug, but more so a look as to why D.va can be better than doomfist at times. Anyone figure out why D.va and Mercy have knockback immunity while they use their movement abilities?

2 Likes

Well guess doomfist is a god now with no counters

What??? Would care to elaborate on this point of view?

Doomfist does feel slightly better to play now. I don’t know if it was the bug fixes, Brigitte (in QP) is adding that much more durability, or if I’m just doing good today.

I still feel like he needs more tuning, but over all it seemed way easier to land a Rocket Punch. It’s seem like it’s not getting caught on every little thing.

4 Likes

Doomfist definitely still needs buffs. Eliminating the bugs just allows him to be on AT LEAST an equal playing field with the rest of the cast.

3 Likes

rocket punch elim (must damage enemy with rocket punch doesn’t work like genji’s dash reset) reduces cooldown of other abilities anywhere from 1 second to half

3 Likes

Doomfist: Walks into a bar.
Brigitte: Walks up to him shield ready and asks “What will you have, Sir?”
Doomfist: He looks her dead in the eye and says Rising Upper…
Brigitte: SHIELD BASH.
(7 seconds) later Doomfist …Uppercut
Brigitte: SHIELD BASH.

Ok ok I’m bad at jokes, but letting Brigitte win simultaneous uppercut vs shield bash without consequence is just another reason Doomfist needs help.

Imagine if you will…
You are playing Doomfist, and the other team has a MCCREE, and Brigitte.
Now, Imagine that you see an opportunity to use Seismic Slam on MCCREE, and Brigitte all at once. So you do you cast Seismic Slam and right before you land MCCREE hits you with FLASHBANG thus you land right in front of the of them and Seismic Slam is on cooldown for 7 secs. Some how with a little bit of luck and attention from your amazing healers you live until FLASHBANG’s stun ends. Now you are alive in front of two enemies and think …ok cool they are grouped up and I can hit them all with RISING UPPERCUT. So you cast RISING UPPERCUT, but as it is casting Brigitte uses SHIELD BASH thus interrupting RISING UPPERCUT and putting it on cooldown for 7 secs.

Sounds fun right :crying_cat_face:?

5 Likes

Maybe just let Doomfist heal himself in battle like Reaper?

2 Likes