Community Suggestions List for Doomfist

Update: Doomfist finaly feels balanced

Closed

The Following posts are a list of Community suggestion to help Improve Doomfist’s play experience. I will be collecting ideas and putting them here as time goes on.
Other topics with Community Suggestions (I’ll post their names here as I find them)
After 60 hours of doomfist v2 / 12485
Doomfist Community Patch / 3535

…Incoming!

Format has been updated

Mobility

1. Reduce the used ability’s cooldown by 1 second on miss.
  1. Reduce all cool downs to 75% of their current value.
  1. Increase rising uppercut’s vertical range by 10% - 15%.
  1. Let Seismic Slam transport Doomfist onto ledges rather than just down.
  1. Rocket Punch can be used in 3 dimensions, similar to Genji’s Swift Strike.
  1. Reduce the time it takes to charge up Rocket Punch’s to it’s MAX.
  1. Increase Rocket Punch’s force release timer.
  1. Slightly increase Doomfist’s movement speed when charging Rocket Punch.
  1. On ability hit, reduce all other abilities cooldown by 1s.
  1. On ability hit, reduce all other abilities cooldown by 1s for each target hit.

Durability

1. Let Damage dealt by Doomfist’s HAND CANNON trigger THE BEST DEFENSE… :unicorn:
  1. Shields generated by THE BEST DEFENSE… heal the normal health pool as the shield fades away.
  1. Give Rocket Punch a damage reduction mechanism.
  1. Increase Meteor Strike’s knock back effect by X%.
  1. As Rocket Punch charges up Doomfist gains 25 shield per second.
  1. Increase the Max temporary shield generated by THE BEST DEFENSE… to 200, and increase the minimum shield gained to 40

Predictability

1. Ability cooldown’s start 1 second after use instead of on completion.
  1. Rocket Punch knocks back all of the same targets that Reinhardt’s Charge does.
  1. Increase Meteor Strike’s max damage to 350.
  1. Allow Nano Boost to reduce Doomsfist’s cool downs by 50% while active.
  1. Increase Rocket Punche’s knockback speed by 10% - 20%.
  1. Reduce the landing time of Meteor Strike 10%.
  1. Let Rocket Punch’s target transfer a % of momentum, and damage to other enemy targets. Also allow other enemy targets trigger the critical mechanic.
  1. Enemies that physically contact Doomfist while Seismic Slam is traveling to its destination, will be grabbed and dragged to the landing location.
  1. Enemies hit by uppercut should hover the same way Doomfist hovers when they hit the ceiling.
  1. :new: Using Meteor Strike resets all abilities.

Abilities ( Ability key R )

Name: Tough it out
Cast time: .1s
Duration: 1s
Cooldown: 1s
Description: :heartpulse: While this Ability is active Doomfist gains 50% - 75% damage reduction from projectiles in a forward facing 45° arc. Using other abilities will cancel this effect.

This ability would more or less act like a quick melee, but instead of dealing damage it would block/reduce damage.

Name: Back at you
Cast time: .2s
Duration: 2s
Cooldown: 4s
Description: While active Doomfist deflects incoming projectiles in a random direction with this right arm in a forward facing 45° arc. Offensive abilities will cancel this ability.

Name: Jab
Duration: .5s
Cooldown: 2s
Damage: 60
Description: Doomfist Punches with his right hand.

Name: Relentless
Duration: 3s
Cooldown: 7s
Description: Ability cool downs recover twice as fast and shields generated by The Best Defense… will stop decaying while active. Taking damage or using Offensive abilities will cancel this effect. If this effect is canceled by damage Doomfist gains a 50 hp shield.

Name: Ruthless
Cooldown: 7s
Description: Reduce the duration of all CC effects by 50%, and ability coo l downs recover twice as fast .

Name: Grapple :new:
Description: Doomfist lunges at the closest ledge or character and grabs it. If a ledge is grabbed Doomfist will pull him self up onto the ledge. If a character is the target they will move with Doomfist for the duration. This can target both teammates and enemies.

Name: Tactical Retreat :new:
Description: Doomfist quickly jumps backwards transferring all momentum in that direction.

Name: Side Step :new:
Description: Doomfist rotates 180 degrees and dodges all incoming projectiles.

24 Likes

here is 1
Mobility Improvement idea for Doomfist’s existing kit
Reduce the used ability’s cooldown by 1 second on miss.

This would conditionally relieve some of the pressure of managing Doomfist’s cooldowns.

2 Likes

Ooo I like a lot of these, I especially think the punch should have some degree of vertical range

4 Likes

Big fan of a lot of these. Wish we could do traditional polls on these forums.

5 Likes

more damage for ultimate (500 in the center, 100 minimun damage ) OR enemies affected by the ultimate get knocked down like if hit by reindhart’s ultimate

2 Likes

His left click needs improvement as well. As it is, a hacked Doomfist is depressingly useless.

4 Likes

Id also like the ability to cancel his slam. Too many times do i try to slam and find myself falling to death. No other ability locks a hero until they interact. Even reins charge has an end

5 Likes

IMO Doomfist should have an activated defense ability to contrast his offence. A defensive ability combined with his passive would make it feel Doomfist has more control over when he dies.

what about whenever his ability and/or Ult lands a hit, it reduces all other abilities currently on cooldown by 1 sec.

2 Likes

I am not the biggest fan of adding more positive feedback loops to Doomfist’s kit, but I’ll put it on the list.

1 Like

Bumping this again, just ridiculous that he’s not gotten anything else yet.

I’m in the same boat with you, but we should keep in mind that Blizzard has a ton of things going on including the upcoming release of Brigitte. I’m sure Doomfist will get some more love one day. In the meantime I’m gonna post/link to as many meaningful ideas as I can think of or find.

2 Likes

i suggest rocket punch has the 7 second cool down and seismic slam has the 4 second cool down. combo- seismic slam>uppercut>rocket punch… this seems like the more natural combo. they can change the damage if need be

where as the rocket punch is used to close the combo i.e. attack a new enemy or get the heck out of dodge.

2 Likes

There’s zero reason to penalize any part of Doomfist’s kit in the process of buffing him. Seismic and Uppercut need reducing, period.

2 Likes

I’ve seen some insane Doomfists in gm. He’s extremely powerful in GOOD HANDS. Let’s not overtune him.

Probably already been said but I’d like to see doomfist’s ult center be 350 damage instead of 300 so I can specifically kill bastions.

4 Likes

Just gonna share this here /clips.twitch.tv/VastSmallJaguarDAESuppy

1 Like

Added to the list.

Thank you for the suggestion :).

There’s no reason it doesn’t do as much as Pulse Bomb in the epicenter. It’s GD Doomfist! Why does his ultimate do less damage than Tracer’s?

2 Likes

And every single one of those players would do better with another DPS with the same amount of practice and time invested. The character can be effective, but that doesn’t hide his obvious deficiencies.

1 Like