Comms and Comp?

Should it be a requirement? At least to listen at least?

Thankfully I do see most people in party chat during games but you know, every other match 2 or 3 are not present listening to important call outs such as healing ults and tanking ults.

Think if youre gonna play comp I know sometimes the chat is toxic as - and if it gets toxic, leave the chat but most times its pretty tame! (until we about to lose then the Hanzo, McCree or Widow or Soldier will go nuts on us all!)

I’m a support main and when i call to you Reinhardt to come back because I CAN SAVE YOU but you dont have your chat set to hear me, I cannot stop and type “come back I can save you baby” - you just die and I have to resist the urge to yeet the nearest item to me across the room.

2 Likes

You could not pay me to listen to the inane ramblings of your average player.

5 Likes

Absolutely not.

The amount of sour I’ve heard over Overwatch VC makes the lobby of a PUBG match seem like an episode of Spongebob.

One of the main reasons I turned off all comms in game was the incessant amount of awful that would flow from almost every match. I’d be happy type out some of what I heard, but my forum access would be banned outright.

‘At least’. Good God. What a terrible idea.

Maybe for you. Must be nice.

No thanks. If someone sends me a salty message mid game it already tilts me enough, let alone if someone was literally giving me abuse on comms.
I don’t want to talk and I don’t want to hear other people’s crap either.
After 3 years of mostly solo Q, I’m used to the game like that. If they made it required then fine I’ll finally quit playing the game.

I do appreciate it would be beneficial to me sometimes. I’d probably win some games that otherwise would be losses due to just gaining more info and working with the team better. But I think it would even out with amount of games I’d lose or play worse because of it.

1 Like

As far as I’m concerned, if you don’t join team chat then that’s you saying you’re not interested in working with the team in order to secure a victory.

And that’s throwing.

I’ve long said voice chat needs to be compulsory for Competitive. You have a mute option for the toxic people, but don’t do those on your team who want to work together to win a disservice by not joining team chat at all.

2 Likes

Throwing is anything that i don’t like or that i wouldn’t do
-The Overwatch Community

Example 3,146,247 of why i stopped using comms years ago and never looked back.

As Han said of Leia: “No reward is worth this.”

And I am not about to make out with the OW community in the darkened cockpit of my spaceship

1 Like

In a perfect world? Where my teammates felt the same as yourself? I’d be all in on the idea.

However, this isn’t a perfect world, and Overwatch is not a perfect game.

More often than not, the team dynamic is a mess. You know this yourself in your other thread addressing Throwers.

Everyone should be in voice chat. Its team game.

3 Likes

They are not mutually exclusive tho

Nope. Not until people can actually act like decent human beings and understand this is a game. The only time you will have people who aren’t toxic in comms is if you are steamrolling the other team or you are a pre-made group of friends. Every time I decide to turn comms back on, I end up shutting it up 1 min later due to the flow of toxicity.

Want people to start using them again? Then get the community to stop being toxic.

then get out - because im an average player trying to get better if you wont listen to me calling out my heals or my tank ults because I’m average then I have no reason to try and get better here if the community is like you.

Ha. Don’t try to gatekeep me. Maybe just get better at the game and stop blaming others for your failures. I’m able to hit Masters without hearing whatever you’re saying. It’s called paying attention to your surroundings and just generally knowing what’s going on.

You’re welcome to LFG and require mics. You’re not welcome to tell me how to play.

1 Like

Fellow average player here. I’m going to keep playing, without comms, and you can get over it.

Breaking zero rules, and i play WAY better when i don’t hear your incorrect call outs and complaints when i ignore you.

Good for you im done with the game so this thread is moot lol - delete it. Done :slight_smile: WAsted too much being stressed over other peoples actions and I’ve seen the little light. Enjoy!

and also, love how your little “i play way better” remarks go haha. Its a game at the end of the day, see this now. So you do you, you’re still sat at a table moving a mouse ferociously and tapping the keyboard/mouse.

Not everyone is mentally or emotionally equipped for a competitive environment.

1 Like

Maybe not.

Enjoy! <3<3<3<3<3

I would suggest turning off comms and text chat. People can call out via emotes if they need something. In this game at all levels, toxicity is rampant. Don’t feed into it by allowing them to poison your consciousness.

2 Likes

game needs more decent voice commands…

i can’t stand people talking and actualy use the sounds from the game

1 Like

I fail to see how this helps. If i say - “reinhardt move back for heals, and can you all group for one moment I got ult to power boost you all lets take the point” - that can be emoted and win a game.

I think not mate. Can get lucky now and then but no - its competitive, people are playing for ranks and shiny shiny portraits.

Its moot im uninstalling anyway - dropped tp bronze after 3 years of being high silver and gold for a brief moment, im now bronze again and its not skill or anything game related, its australian population and the high players v average to low players dominating.

Wont be playing competitive again and likely not any part of the game, its twisted me that I’ve gotten better at the game but the game has told me I’m now worse XD

I agree with this. However, I took it as a challenge to learn how to deal with all the toxicity, I think I found a way. After all, you have to consider that most of these people are just weak and decided to be brave behind monitor.