Come on, be realistic... un-nerf DVA please

haha dawg im a dva main. the best dva players are defensive, to the point that at top play thats all dva has been doing besides the intial dives with a dps or monkey. the squishy killer was monkeys job. low level play saw her as a good killer, which is why the dropped some burst dmg from her. dm is the best move in the game it is the only blanket, no to burst dmg and counter half the ultis in the game. which is why dva not being agro is important, because you need her alive to deal with the actual problems. mange your dm properly.

more viable than anna for sure, but thats the kind of viable im talking about if you “get good” with dva you can still force value, but her role is maybe played better by other heros now sure.

and i agree im so sad dive is dead, it was to this day one of the most enjoyable things ive expirenced in video games (because im a dva main). im okay with having to avoid some characters as dva but dive is very very hard to get done with monkey getting bucketed, which is sad to me personally. monkey is for sure in a much worse place than dva right now. and dva has never been in second place at her role so its keeping dva player humble for a sec in my opinion.

1 Like

Out of meta =/= F tier.

You want F tier? Look at Torb, Sym and Bastion

20 Likes

Welcome to the club.

As a Dva player dva is perfectly fine.

2 Likes

After they create a problem, I don’t think making other problems to compete is the appropriate solution.

Brigitte negates many heroes, not just D.Va. Buffing all of those enough to be viable in Brigitte’s metagame would make them pretty obnoxious if we ever see a match without Brigitte someday.

i dont play DVA because of Dive.
When I pick DVA solo queue, what’s the chance you think others will pick a winston to go with me in comp?

I am NOT asking for buff… but reverse the un-necessary nerfs like booster damage reduction…

2 Likes

She needs a rebalance. She is still very good at too much, and thus in need of some honing so she can’t do so much. Probably give her more in the way of tanking abilities and pilot form support while taking away from her DPS and probably her mech’s health.

all im saying is if your noticing those diffrences your playing wrong. those nerfs were the saddest excuse for nerfs ive ever seen in a game. i literally think they did it to just be able to say the did somthing with her, to all the dva hater. dvas dm in the skilled hands is so powerful it will almost always give value. she literally is used to counter almost every ulti i kid you not.

That was dive in a nutshell.

if they could do a bit of a revert and make dva have 4 sec defense matrix on a cooldown, not resource; but with the rest of her current kit, I think she could be in a good spot.

Like, have it on its old 10 second cooldown and protect things for up to 4 seconds, perhaps it you could speed up the rate it cools down at by how much damage you absorbed up to a maximum of like 2 seconds taken off its cooldown. Sounds like it would be fine to me.

D.va is just not the pick to run against Flails, Hammers, and Laser beams. No reasonable buff is gonna change that.

Come back in 6 months when the game changes again

1 Like

Doesnt matter you play it right or not…
I am shocked if you play DVA and havent noticed the difference to begin with.
Then, we have to use whatever available from her kit… seeing the difference or not is a wrong way to determine whether a player is playing a hero right or not. How long have you been playing this game? you should know more.

Yeah… what? those nerfs were a massive decrease to how much damage dva can deal in bursts.

1 Like

d.va needed the nerf since he did 2 much damage

1 Like

no it was not hahaha 2 dmg per missle lostt, 18 missles, thats 32 dmg lost from barrage, lost 15 dmg on her booster in a burst assuming you make the often bad call of burning all your cool downs on 1 kill, thats not even 50 dmg lost. that should be very very very very very very easy to compensate for.

There are 26 other heroes you can play if you’re not having fun with D.Va.

She’s just not viable right now in the changing meta but she’s not useless.

Give other heroes a chance to have the spotlight.

1 Like

I’m not an amazing DVa player but, she seems fine to me…

From my personal experience so far with playing D.Va in the current meta, I’ve had to relearn things a bit. My usual strategies don’t work nearly as well as they used to, but I’ve been able to play around it a bit with success. I think we’re just going to have to figure out how to play differently or even swap heroes if we need to.

I don’t know if Brigitte is properly balanced right now and we’re just not used to it, or if she isn’t, but what I do know is I used to have problems with other characters that I felt were too strong. In the end though I learned how to properly fight against them and I got better. Brigitte brings big change, it’s not just her, but the meta that is being built around her and I think we just need to take some time to figure it out.

not unviable, counterable is a more fitting description

I’m still salty about the boosters damage nerf after using it for so many seasons. Was it really necessary? Sigh…