Cole Cassidy….. I Love It!

Thank you for responding to my post and letting us know on the Change. Do you think you will do youtube posts like Jeff use to do?

“The Jeff From the Overwatch team”. :sunglasses:

Thank you for posting!!

:+1:

So he was still going by a fake identity in earlier stuff but now he’s assumed his real identity and stopped running from himself?

2 Likes

I really dig the name and I’ll be using his name too.

sombra was right! she knows everything…

1 Like

I guess he will move up a bit in the hero gallery now.

I mean didn’t they have a set of voice lines that already questioned the authenticity of his assumed name?

I think McCree was just an alias, most likely given when he was in Blackwatch.

1 Like

this is gonna redefine getting Cole for x-mas if your a bad girl…

Good news for Ashe X3 (or maybe not they seam to have a on and off relationship… with her pissed of at him half the time that joke can go either way… sarcasm or a bit or sweet romance…)

2 Likes

Yeah. A removed voiceline from Sombra actually questioned him about it.

1 Like

It’s gonna take some time getting used to saying cole or Cassidy for me though, after playing since launch McCree is all I know.

So it was a cole-ective decision?

Nice cole-aberation.

24 Likes

I’m pretty sure it would predate Blackwatch. I hadn’t read the Deadlock Rebels novel yet but I believe he still introduces himself as McCree in that.

I mean he used McCree as an alias.

Dammit

Take my like and go think about what you just did.

36 Likes

Can you share any of the other options that were considered?

If I’m being honest I’m a little disappointed. I understand Cassidy is an established outlaw name, but it just sounds so bad and really doesn’t roll off the tongue very well IMO. I’m just curious what the competition was that lost to this one.

1 Like

Congrats Crepsly, you got the famous AndyB like

4 Likes

Does not sound to bad. But it will take a LONG time until this name settels. I just hope they are not banning people who still call him mccree… I did not even know that a developer with that name existed until the stuff came out.

I quite like Cole tbh, I’m not a fan of Cassidy so I’ll just be calling him Cole I think

I think the majority of the playerbase wont care that much

1 Like

He looks like a Cole… Cassidy not so much.

petition to make all ashe voicelines yell “COLEEEE” inestead of “CASSIDYYYYY”

yelling cole sounds much better imo

4 Likes